lots of fuel in airbox

Motley

750cc
It really only took the past two months to sort it out. The first 14 months were spent getting ready to fix it! Really it involved not having a shop, buying a new house, moving, setting up a shop, etc. Lots of excuses, but no motivation to fix it for a while.

I completely understand.

Strangely, I fired up my Thruxton today, for the first time this season. I had just put the new tires/wheels on her. While I had it idling, to get some heat in it I noticed a drip coming off the back of the swingarm, on the brake side. Turns out it was gas, literally running out of the airbox. I had the petcock closed for months and saw no signs of a leak, only after opening the petcock did the airbox flood with fuel.

I said to the wife, "hey look, just like 2wheelsdown".

Well now you have everything you need to know to fix it! I (with help) took both my carbs out and did a full cleaning and rejet along with replacing a needle valve. In reality, you could probably get it fixed up just by fiddling with the floats.

Motley

750cc
I gave the float bowls a good rap with a screwdriver handle and took the bike for a ride. It's all good today.

fender

Street Tracker
I gave the float bowls a good rap with a screwdriver handle and took the bike for a ride. It's all good today.

I'd still be worried that there is something still floating around in the float bowl that caused the float to stick. The bottom cover is really easy to remove, inspect and clean to ensure that the float move freely. Not much time needed either probably less than an hour combined for both sides.

Motley

750cc
I'd still be worried that there is something still floating around in the float bowl that caused the float to stick. The bottom cover is really easy to remove, inspect and clean to ensure that the float move freely. Not much time needed either probably less than an hour combined for both sides.

The bike had been sitting for months and I suspect that had something to do with it. If the fuel level in the bowl was, or had been, incorrect the bike wouldn't run very well. After it warmed up, and I took her for a spin she ran like the champ she is. I was more worried about the fuel in the airbox igniting.