Longer 04 Thruxton?

chuckster

Scooter
Would anyone know why the length and height was changed on the Thruxton after the 04's? Almost 2 1/2" on length and 3" on height.

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
It is true that the length and height was changed after 04 on the Thruxtons. That doesn't mean they still can't be interchanged but the dimensions are now different. Why they did this, I have no idea...

Texas94fs

Hooligan
The length would improve the ride, the height-handling. My guess is that they learned the bike either did not have enough ground clearance or it was too twitchy at higher speeds thus changing it, also IIRC 04 was the first year for the Thruxton.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Actually the 04 & 05 Thruxtons were the same. In 06 they installed a longer swing arm to improve the straightline performance of the bikes (as there were some complaints about the bike being "Twitchy" which was most like the tires) but they actually Lowered the bikes in 06 (but the seat height never changed, so it might have just been a change in mirrors or something as the height was measured to the highest point on the bikes) The "New" Swing arm is about 13mm longer if I remember correctly.