Let's exhaust the exhaust thread(s)

I've read every exhaust thread I could find on this forum without finding an answer to this question. Forgive me if I missed an answer to my query and the question has already been answered.

I'm thinking of manufacturing an exhaust system, straight pipes clear to about the end of the stock exhaust (kinda longer TT pipes?). Would the extra length of the straight pipe reduce the volumn of the exhaust note? Would the extra length increase the back pressure to about stock levels or, how much rejetting would be required to get it to run properly, if any. :confused:

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Exhaust

When I saw the Scram- I wanted to get one & do strait pipes (long ones like the 305) w/ snuffer nuts. I assume you are not talking a scram here? W/o a baffle inserted in the pipe- I doubt you would get the necessary back pressure? The longer the pipe - yhe better chance of getting the proper back pressure. Some re- jet will be necessary unless you get the perfect baffle? I will be watching to see what all have to say?

rodburner

Rocker
Grump,longer straight pipes would probably be a little quieter,have better performance than just the mufflerless stock pipes and maybe look a little odd.If you cut out the kinks,a straight pipe will not clear the sidestand

More thinking

Quote Blubonnie, "A very provocative idea Grumpy. Let us know what you come up with. And, if you get to bending, melting and fabricating- post pix!"

I've done some investigation and given the idea more thought since the first post. I don't have the tools or knowledge to build a complete system. I'd have to farm it out and that will be $$$$$$$$$$$$:eek:

Rather than waste the $$$ on a complete system, which may not work/sound worth a sh*t, I'm now thinking of a slip on straight pipe bent to follow the route of the mufflers. This will give me a good idea of the sound/performance of such a system. I'll also be able to cut off sections to get some idea of the proper length.

Just had to put the Jeep Wrangler 4x4 in the shop. The front end goes pure "psychotic" on certain roads at certain speeds.:confused: Got to see how much $$$$$ that will cost first, sooooo, this has to be put on the back burner for now. :(

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Bill - these were running on this bike all last year. They are specially made by Specialty Spare exhaust. They are raw steel - like in the photo - ready for BBQ Black, ceramic coat - chrome or what ever. Snuffer/nots in the ends - or run baffles. These pipes are 1 3/4 " OD. Jetting required. Loud - but not D&D full race loud - about like BUBS. Send me a message if your interested in buying them.

07NTBF-ScottsTT-1.jpg

rodburner

Rocker
Although this is a 2into1 the lines are about the same as your sketch.The same obstacle,namely the side cover/master cylinder would have to be overcome.Relocation,and some custom fabrication would allow room for your right leg.I didn`t want to mess with the brake system so I moved the pipe to the other side.
Dadsbikepics121.jpg

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Strait Pipes

Honda WAY back made a modle 450 SS I think(for a short time). Had 2 high pipes up hi like the 305 but 1 on ea side. They make some baffles that would fit & keep things "neighbor friendly". That is something I would like to do on my Bonne? Then there is always the "snuffers"! If I was gonna run straits- they would be up hi!~! There was a pic here of the exact set up some time ago! I think Triumph made a modle like that way back?:confused:

ThruxTonUp

Nice, but not quite what I'm thinking about. Gotta hold off till I find out what's wrong with the Jeep anyway.:(