last ride of 2008!

Bonafide

NBR founder
The weather was so nice today, that me and GF took a nice afternoon ride around local (to us) roads. Ended up riding around the lake and stopping in a few lake access points. This lake is Army Corp of Engineer owned lake and it's lowered in the winter. GF was trying out her xmas present of heated gear - even though it was in the low 50s today.

Hopefully the nice weather will hold out for the next couple weekends so our first ride of 2009 will be a pleasant one.

Attachments

• dec2008 001.jpg
    dec2008 001.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • dec2008 004.jpg
    dec2008 004.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dec2008 005.jpg
    dec2008 005.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Nice looking pair of bikes Bonafide! What a pretty place for a ride, there's no doubt fall is in the air, looking at the bare trees with the evergreens peeking through.
That lake freeze up in the winter? Noticed a boat house full behind ya.
You need one of those little tripod thingys so you can both be in the picture at the same time....lol....

MOSES

750cc
Nice, looked like gorgeous day !

The last few days have been nice here, and tomorrow should be even nicer.
Looks like New years day might be a little chilly but I don't miss my new years ride for nothin.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Alatoona, Lanier?
Weather looks good here in Ga for tomorrow, get the next last ride of '08. That's my plan.

Allatoona. It's about 2-3 miles from the house. Takes about a hour to ride the local narrow roads around it.

Yeah, the weather looks great for tomorrow, but I'm working. I'll be outdoors the whole day, but it's just not the same.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
My last chance to get out was today and I went to swing a leg over the Black and My hip went out. It's fairly rare but when it happens it's like somebody hits your hip with a hammer. Glad the sidestand was still down.

Gonna get cold tomorrow.

neuroboy

750cc
it was 61 here in boston last sunday. . . last ride of the year methinks. i figure the conditions will be safe maybe twice or three times more between now and april. :(

MOSES

750cc
This cold weather stuff sucks. Thank God for Texas.

Amen there, today was NICE !!
12302.jpg

12301.jpg

simpson

TT Racer
Picked my Thruxton up from my sister's garage...Took it from Greensboro to Hickory and basically just wandered today.

It was great.

Much needed therapy for the end of a very eventful year. I am still very new to riding and motorcycles, but I am also very addicted.

No pictures taken today, just good memories.

-simpson

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Damn it! The weather today too windy for me to ride. I won't get one last ride in this year. Well at least not on two wheels.

BobM

Two Stroke
My last ride of the year was last night. On way back from Hoover Dam front brake lever stopped at throttle. Took it to shop today, looks like front seal is gone and line is leaking at the attachment nut. Mechanic also ordering new fork seals, says they look like they are degrading, lite oily feel on the forks. He said he usually has to change fork seals every two or three years out hear. Does that sound right? Hopefully I'll have her back this weekend, but it's suppoesed to rain. Oh well thats life, Thankfully the front and rear brakes work off of two seperate cylinders.

mrt202

Street Tracker
Just took my last ride of the year. Around the block to make sure the carbs I just installed were ok. Damn it's cold! Must've been the lack of gloves. Or maybe the house slippers. But the carbs are good to go. Now i'm gonna get ready for the first ride of 2009. I just hope the sun is shining. I got me a pair of snowmobile boots i'm itching to try out.:headbang2:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Ride safe!

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Last ride yesterday, one in the morning one in the afternoon, the day was warm and sunny here in North Florida.....68 degrees for most of the day, blue sky, puffy clouds and all.
Headed out to the barn in a minute for first ride of 09.....weather the same.....Happy New Year to all!!

BobM

Two Stroke
Billpvegas
Live off of Decatur between Sahara and DI. What end of the valley are you on?
No riding so son and I took a couple rifles and handguns out to desert this morning. Beautiful day for it.