last british made bonnies

coopv2

Street Tracker
Yeah the "J" is for Jacknell Road, Hinckley. My 1974 Trident was built by BSA (Meriden labor strike) and constantly required pistons and every part that was welded came off at least once in the twenty years that I had her, really doesn't matter much to me where the new Tri's are built as long as the quality is there.

thanks ICE, guess thats why she goes so fast:D

coopv2

Street Tracker
got side tracked with a 38 chev hotrod thank tezza

Hey forgot to ask if you get down to the FERRY RD diner, on Friday nights, Its where Gold Coast Harley has their workshop located. there is a great turn out of American cars, hotrods and also a few bikes. If your there, look out for my flat Black bonnie.
Coop

tezza

Street Tracker
hate to kill a good theory but the vin nos all start with smttj****g*******' the letter by it self i have seen g and r for 08-09, an 04 with tm,02 with yc. been checking out the vin on ebay adds. so the mystery continues !!!!!!!! maybee some of you guys could check your vin a post the letters and year (no numbers, to much like a con job for a bike thief ) and well see what we get.Tezza and coop ill try for ferry rd soon as i can and catch up there

Iceseven

750cc
Yeah Tezza the codes are different for North American as compared to Europe or Australia. Mine goes at SMT925xxxx with the J at space 11.

Last edited:
smttjxxxtmxxxxxxx

2002 Australia
As iceseven said "the codes are different for North American as compared to Europe or Australia"
Think Australia are slightly different to UK as well, tho not sure

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
i just put my VIN into that motoverse search and it says it was manufactured in Great Britain, BUT.... there's nary a J in it and a couple of Ts. So does that mean it truly is Great Britain or just that Triumph is based in GB?

No matter.... All I know is that my ride last evening as usual convinced me that my Black is a ton of fun and that's what makes the bike.

Nick Morey

Rocker
i just put my VIN into that motoverse search and it says it was manufactured in Great Britain, BUT.... there's nary a J in it and a couple of Ts. So does that mean it truly is Great Britain or just that Triumph is based in GB?

No matter.... All I know is that my ride last evening as usual convinced me that my Black is a ton of fun and that's what makes the bike.

:chin: +1 - I noticed the same thing... and feel the same way. :up:

dschief

750cc
The difference in the VIN's most likely help the factory determine what country the bike is destined to. Aussie's, Brit's, and the Japaneese drive on the wrong side of the road, so the headlight is pointed the other way. US bikes get covered with stupid reflectors!

That's my guess anyway.

dschief

750cc
No, we drive on the "right" side, literally!

I knew I would get an Aussie with that one! Hahahaha................ All in good fun!

Gretsch

Rocker

Sometimes we mix up the Ozzie and English accents...:D

geico-gecko.jpg