koso tach wiring

Has anyone done a KOSO tach/speedo on their bonneville? If so how did you wire it and then how did you mount the stinkin speed sensor?

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Sorry, I have no experience with this brand. What year and model of Bonneville? What Model Tach? Did it come with any instructions or diagrams? If you can provide more details, perhaps I can help.

Sorry about the delay, been busy. It is a tnt-01 model. Cannot get an rpm reading. The instruction sheet is pretty sketchy and looks like a million combinations to hook it up to get a pulse. I tried the plug wire wrapping method and went through the piston setting and got nothing. Everything else seems to work except it's main intended use (tach). Triumph isn't listed, but I know they have been used.

Attachments

• IMG_5313.jpg
    IMG_5313.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5293.jpg
    IMG_5293.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 1

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Well, if it works similar to my Speedhut electronic tachometer, the Koso Dark Brown tach sensor wire should be connected to the Negative (-) post on the ignition coil. I used a Posi-tap connector for ease, but you can splice in and solder the wire directly for the best solid connection after you test it. On my 2008 Bonneville, the coil connection wires are on the front side (facing toward the headlamp). The wire connected on the right (when facing forward, sitting on the bike) is the negative side and according to my service manual, it should be Red. Splice your brown wire to that red line (-) and see if you get a signal. My tach has a similar procedure to select the correct piston numbers. I found I had to set it at "1" for it to register RPM's correctly. I hope this helps. Good luck!