KingBear - Triumph Pinup source

KingBear where did you get the pin-up pictures with the Triumph logo? I am looking to have some decals/custom paint applied to my 09 EFi.

Cheers

KingBear

Hooligan
Actually I make them myself just using pinup images I find online and some hi-res logos I've acquired from various sources. I use my limited skills with a budget version of Photoshop, but I have a good time with them and keep telling myself I'll make some T-shirts and stickers someday. I'd be glad to mock up something for you to have painted on your bike, just let me know what pin-up you want with which logo. My favorite sources for pin-up art are The Pinup Files, Pinup Art Künstler, Deviant Art, and just whatever I find surfing and searching. But again I'm just a hacker, there are some folks here with real skills and software.

Here's one of my favorites. I love the girl, her pose, the way the color of the logo picks up the dots on her dress, and how she looks sitting on the logo...

Attachments

• White Pinup Logo.jpg
    White Pinup Logo.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you ...

... for the info. When I decide on the image, if I hit a stumbling block with the design I would like to take you up on the offer.

Thanks again

sportyone

Street Tracker
Actually I make them myself just using pinup images I find online and some hi-res logos I've acquired from various sources. I use my limited skills with a budget version of Photoshop, but I have a good time with them and keep telling myself I'll make some T-shirts and stickers someday. I'd be glad to mock up something for you to have painted on your bike, just let me know what pin-up you want with which logo. My favorite sources for pin-up art are The Pinup Files, Pinup Art Künstler, Deviant Art, and just whatever I find surfing and searching. But again I'm just a hacker, there are some folks here with real skills and software.

Here's one of my favorites. I love the girl, her pose, the way the color of the logo picks up the dots on her dress, and how she looks sitting on the logo...

do you have any worries breaching copyright ? :shh:

KingBear

Hooligan
do you have any worries breaching copyright ? :shh:
No, for the time being I'm just doing things for my own use, not reproduction for profit. If I ever go to use the images for shirts or whatever I'll deal with copyright issues appropriately.

MES

750cc
I use my limited skills with a budget version of Photoshop, ...But again I'm just a hacker, there are some folks here with real skills and software.
don't sell yourself short. You got a good eye for an image.
Software is no substitute for talent, an eye, practice and effort.

I have a good time with them
That is half the trick. To have fun with it so you want to learn.

I aways enjoy your image posts. Nice to see somebody else going out on a limb.
Kinda dissapointed that so few took up the create a new logo challenge. I believe that I mentioned your name.

I would like to see something you've done that is stylistaly different.

D9

Vendor
Barry... always thought your pinup/logo combos rocked.

I've been in the graphics biz for a lot of years... you got a great eye... I'd enjoy seeing
more from you. Easy to envision a rich series of pinup graphics - wouldn't need that many really - that
could be used for everything from high end high res decals... to T-shirts.

Last edited:

KingBear

Hooligan
Kinda dissapointed that so few took up the create a new logo challenge. I believe that I mentioned your name.

I would like to see something you've done that is stylistaly different.
I did make a few attempts with the NBR logo the first time around but it didn't seem to be working out. As far as different styles go, I've seen some things I'd like to work with but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I'd love to do something like this...

I mean really, can you imagine that painted right in the middle of your tank!!

Attachments

• Checkered Flags.jpg
    Checkered Flags.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

bonnieboy

Scooter
I have been searching the web to find these (avatars)? Now I know! I think they are brill and would really like to use these images as toolbox etc stickers. Let me know when you are going into production.

MES

750cc
I did make a few attempts with the NBR logo the first time around but it didn't seem to be working out. As far as different styles go, I've seen some things I'd like to work with but I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

I mean really, can you imagine that painted right in the middle of your tank!!
It's a little much for my tank but it would work.

Your stuff would be perfect stickers and Tee-shirts though.
somebody mentioned copywrites. They aren't a problem on very small limited runs but if you start cranking out thousands and offering them for sale here there and eveywhere, then somebody could pitch a real bitch. Not exactly legal but pragmatism gets you down the road.

Logos are deceptively hard to do. There is so much to consider.

Yea, figuring out how to go about getting the desired end result is half the battle sometime. It's 2 puzzles in one. How to deconstruct the orignals and then how to reassemble them. sometimes you just got to go for it and figure it out on the fly as you hit different roadblocks. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I got a ton that can't be finished because I don't have the needed pieces or can't create an object from scratch.

I don't suppose you would bundle up all your work in a zip file and upload it to a storage site like rapidshare. It would make a nice little collection.

As you know King I have always liked the stuff you do. Noticed this avatar from cafe and always thought it would be great with the Triumph logo you use and/or even NewBonnvilleRiders on it

image.php

The black and white flags crossed appeal to me more tho.

KingBear

Hooligan
I don't suppose you would bundle up all your work in a zip file and upload it to a storage site like rapidshare. It would make a nice little collection.
I'm not sure what if anything I'll do with them but I'm not quite ready to give them up yet. I'll do stickers and T-shirts as soon as I get the time, money, and inclination all at the same time, hopefully this summer.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
As you know King I have always liked the stuff you do. Noticed this avatar from cafe and always thought it would be great with the Triumph logo you use and/or even NewBonnvilleRiders on it

image.php

The black and white flags crossed appeal to me more tho.

Glad you like my "Vivien Black!" I had her custom made by Sue at this place: http://stores.ebay.com/Just-Pinups-and-a-little-bit-more

She makes these as waterslides or vynil, and she is very accommodating. I think you can get "Viv" without the script foth from her, now. She also has an incredibly large library of images, both stock and custom... good person, easy to deal with....

sportyone

Street Tracker
Glad you like my "Vivien Black!" I had her custom made by Sue at this place: http://stores.ebay.com/Just-Pinups-and-a-little-bit-more

She makes these as waterslides or vynil, and she is very accommodating. I think you can get "Viv" without the script foth from her, now. She also has an incredibly large library of images, both stock and custom... good person, easy to deal with....

yes but I see by the intense overwritten watermarks on everything, she is very concerned about copyright :shh: