K&N Pods keep slipping off

SCL18

Two Stroke
My K&N Pods keep slipping off my carbs and its starting to become a pain. Besides cleaning any oil/dirt off and remounting them, anyone have another idea?

I was thinking getting some scrap skateboard griptape and putting a thin strip around each carb lip.

I'm leaving for a 1,400 mile trip soon and dont want to have to worry about my filters.

Thoughts???

DIRK

750cc
you might rough up the bell on the carb and the pod. also i am sure you already did this. make sure there is no oil on the lid of the pod. if there is then clean it with a little brake clean and a rag. other wise the magic tape will not stay stuck.

drlapo

Hooligan
WD40 will "melt" the rubber slightly and may glue the filters on
otherwise why not try a spot or two of superglue?

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
If you just keep the throttle set to WOT, the intake suction will hold them on there fine.

BornAgain

Scooter
You might be over tightening the clamps. Mine will slip off if I do that just a snug fit on the clamp is all it takes.

loxpump

Rocker
1+ on BornAgain's suggestion. I had the problem also because I was cranking down the clamps too tight. Now just snug them up and they have stayed on since.

Kframe

Street Tracker
I had a tube of gasket sealer laying around, it's grey and sticky, and dries very quickly.
I smeared a bit of that inside the filter ring and then pushed them onto the carbs.
After about ten minutes, when the goop had dried, I snugged up the clamps.

No problems in the last thousand miles.
Of course, I am at WOT alot, so maybe that's what's holding them on! ;)
-K