just put sport demons on

mikenva

Rocker
I just put tires on my bike .Man I love the sport demons.Iput stock size on front and went to a 140 on the rear.Bike hooks up so much better and the wider rear cured the one thing that scared me about this bike .It use to try to follow cracks in the road bad.Not any more.What i found strange is these tires kinda break in after about 30 miles .When i first rode it with the new tires it felt alittle darty in the front but as soon as it got a few miles on them it handled great.These things are smooth as can be on the open road to.I did notice going up a size on rear changed the gear ratio some , less rpm for mph.It use to spin alot with stock tires now it just hooks up and is gone.

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Tires

Yeah I WANTED to go sports demon, but the need to do the back came 1st. I went to the Battalax again & now the same in ft. I figuer these will go @ the same time, & then Pirelli!! The 140 I did as well in the RR, & love the difference!! Shoulda been the stock tire!! Enjoy & ride safe!!

mikenva

Rocker
Yeah I WANTED to go sports demon, but the need to do the back came 1st. I went to the Battalax again & now the same in ft. I figuer these will go @ the same time, & then Pirelli!! The 140 I did as well in the RR, & love the difference!! Shoulda been the stock tire!! Enjoy & ride safe!!
I agree the 140 is the ticket looks cool and i think its alot safer.I went through 2 Battalax rear tires and 1 front in alittle over 15,000 miles.So your plan is a good one looks like 2 for 1 rear to front tire wear.

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Any particular TUBE recommended? Pirelli says to use Pirelli tubes, which is no surprise.
GREG

MattRat

TT Racer
+1 - I'm ordering tires - there are like 10 different brands of tubes with quite a wide price range...what's best? does brand matter?

jb's Bonne

Two Stroke
can you use the same tube that's already in the old tire? I am going to order a new back tire tomorrow. Metzeler ME880 140/80-17 then then next set will be sport demans or avons.

UraniumC

Banned
I agree the 140 is the ticket looks cool and i think its alot safer.I went through 2 Battalax rear tires and 1 front in alittle over 15,000 miles.So your plan is a good one looks like 2 for 1 rear to front tire wear.

I'm having exactly the same experience. Still on the original front and about 1500 miles into the 2nd rear. the 1st rear only went to 5500, so I'm hoping the front lasts to 10-11k and I can mke the full switch.

heard great things about the sport demons, except for wear...

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
They are great tires but I only get 3500 miles outta the rear and the front about 7000. Grip like super glue though.

mikenva

Rocker
they used the same tubes in mine ok so far lol.
Yea john its kinda like they have something on them that wears off in a few miles is kinda strange .I felt the back slip alittle then it liked hooked up and has stayed hooked up since.I bet they spray them with something to keep them fresh till there used.

GEOFF

Scooter
theres a lubricant used when they make the tires, that lets em pop out of the mold real easy. There is usually a label somewhere, about being cautious for the first 50 miles or so. When my Dunlops were new they did the same thing.
G:c

agro

Scooter
They are great tires but I only get 3500 miles outta the rear and the front about 7000. Grip like super glue though.

Just fitted my first and last rear PSD 140/80, sticky tire. This tire was fitted 2000km(1243 miles) ago and if I get 3500km(2175 miles), I would consider this lucky. This tire is just not cost effective compared to the mileage I have obtained so far, @ $180 compared to $240-260 for radials.

Either I am too heavy, 220lbs, or ride too hard and you guys don't, LOL

Next rear will be a Metzler 880. The other rear tires I have used have been radials and have been getting 6500 to 7000 kilometres out of them, 140/80 Dunlop D205; 150/70 Michelin Pilot Road; 150/70 Bridgestone BT20

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
I switched to Sport Demons. I was not happy with the stock rear tire not gripping well. I traded one problem for another the front is terrible. It may be the tire or else I need a steering dampner or fork brace. $ mods are never done

RonD

Scooter
I also have ths S/Ds fitted ,the 140 rear as well love the things , a 150 would be the next step but weather the stock rim width will cope is another thing? because the tyre is being squeezed in, the tyre footprint will be out from what the manufacturers specified, but pardon the french it would look good.
fuck it iam going to do it..

WetSparks

Scooter
I'm confused :confused:

Not long ago I decided to change the stock Metz tyres on me bike. Well a bloody great hole in the rear helped make up me mind :eeek:

When I phoned around the local tyre places they all came back with the same response, that the only tyres recommended for the rims were the Bridgestone BT45's. These were what I had fitted.

Now I must admit I far prefer these to the originals, but how come you lot are fitting all manner of tyres to the rims :huh:

mikenva

Rocker
I'm confused :confused:

Not long ago I decided to change the stock Metz tyres on me bike. Well a bloody great hole in the rear helped make up me mind :eeek:

When I phoned around the local tyre places they all came back with the same response, that the only tyres recommended for the rims were the Bridgestone BT45's. These were what I had fitted.

Now I must admit I far prefer these to the originals, but how come you lot are fitting all manner of tyres to the rims :huh:
because who ever told you that dont know shit lol.