Just got the bike out of storage tonight

fender

Street Tracker
It felt really good to get back on it and ride. My ride was rather short since it to to damn cold (28 degrees) to ride for any distance. Even though I couldn't feel my fingers at the end it was still fun as hell to be out.

No problems starting her up. Took about three tries of about 15 seconds of cranking and it came to life. Let her idle with the choke on while I filled up the tires and after a couple of minutes pushed in the choke and I was off. I'm envious of those who can ride year round.

henrys

Street Tracker
I don't know how you guys handle it up north. I've never shoveled snow and I can't say I ever want to. Glad you got the bike fired up though. Feels good don't it?

I'm envious of those who can ride year round.

I just don't get the concept of putting a bike away for winter, but on the other hand I've never seen snow. It's now autumn (fall) so I only swim 1,000 metre per day, water temperature in my pool is 28c.
:australia:
On the other hand they say people from warm climates are complacent, people from cold climates are resourceful and intelligent, I can live with that.

strokerlmt

I apologize now to our friends up north. Cambria is about 40 minutes north of San Luis Obispo on the CA coast. I had an appointment in SLO the other day so took the bike. Clear blue skies, no wind, 65 degrees and there was a nice swell running on the beaches. There are 3 surf spots on the way down....just a bunch of surfers catching waves and standing around the parking areas just chatting and watching. So I pulled over in Cayucos Beach and watched for awhile. Someone yelled and we all turned around and 6 para gliders had launched from the hills East of us. We all watched them as they slowly drifted and spiraled down to soft landings on the beach. Everyone clapped and whistled....there is more....three of the flyers were women and boy could they fly. Forgot the camera and I was late for my appointment.
LMT

Insterereo

Two Stroke
My bike is the only vehicle I own. I ride it 365 days a year. Then again, I live in San Diego. The year-round average temp is 67 degrees. Never going below 60 in the winter and never getting above 80 in the summer. =/ I will say i'm spoiled. Southern California has to be one of the best places to own a motorycle

fender

Street Tracker
I've got relatives in San Diego and always love the weather when we go there. The only down side is there are just to many people. But I'm also only 10 minutes away from farm country and very lightly traveled back roads.

As I get older I keep thinking about moving to a more moderate climate. I love the spring, summer and fall in WI but the winters seem to be getting longer as I get older or at least my tolerance for them.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Ahhhh will be 75 and I'll be at the track riding tomorrow. Of c ourse 2 days ago it was 38 and rainy. . .fucking annoying inconsistent crap.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
inconsistency.... 18 degrees celcius last week (hi 60s) and this week with the windchill factor (our Aussie friends may have to Goggle that one) it was a balmy -12 degrees today. Christ.

But I did manage to get in 211 km last week! I'll say it again...c'mon spring.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I am jealous of you southern California guys. Must be truly awesome to have a motorcycle there. I am heading to San Diego in May for a couple days. never seen Ca.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
There's great riding around San Diego, but it's about 30-40 minutes from downtown. I say this on the authority of a whole three or four rides in the area.

I've got relatives in San Diego and always love the weather when we go there. The only down side is there are just to many people. But I'm also only 10 minutes away from farm country and very lightly traveled back roads.

As I get older I keep thinking about moving to a more moderate climate. I love the spring, summer and fall in WI but the winters seem to be getting longer as I get older or at least my tolerance for them.

Its the tolerance for them. I imagine I'm a bit further north of you, I know I am, nobody is north of me in Wisconsin. I had my T100 out just over 2 weeks ago though. We had kind of an exceptional March. The snow has been gone over 2 weeks now. And maybe 70 f on Wednesday. Thats the trouble with Wisconsin, when its nice, its just damned nice.