Just got back from Iraq, WooHoo!

six by six

Two Stroke
Hey Y'all,

I just got home last night from a 7 month deployment. I am still so high on life. I had to sober up and work on the Bonnie before I could ride. Lots of microbrew to drink. And Bourbon. So the Bonneville was in the garage being started once a week by my wife. Turns out she dropped it in the garage. Only scratches on the right muffler and on the engine "dresser" bar. I bought the bike used and was meaning to take the crash bars off but will leave them on now. So I removed the tank and flipped it upside down to drain the nasty gas out. Poured fresh gas in. Rode the piss out of it. Still runs well I'm surprised. I was lurking on this board for a while and got a lot of good info about doing AI removal, airbox removal and rejetting. So thanks to the fine folks at BellaCorse and New Bonneville I have pipes and a airbox kit in my garage. So expect a few questions like:

How much and what type of beer do you recommend? Is this a 12 pack job?

You have no idea how much torture it was to be on this forum in Iraq with no bike to fuck with. In one day I got the Hedge 8 ball mod on, a Scrambler gel seat I got from Jeddy-3, and a quarter cafe fairing. Thanks for all the support you have shown me over the past 7 months. You guys rule!

koifarm

Hooligan
Thank You!

Please accept my heartfelt thanks for serving our country in Iraq. You should be proud of your service and we all thank you so much for putting your life on the line so that all of us can remain free.
Glad to hear you're back in the US and riding again, enjoy the wind in your face, a great motorcycle between your legs and the joy of a place where you no longer have to look over your shoulder to see if you are being ambushed
Sounds like you've got a good handle on the bike situation, glad to have you in the forum, look forward to a few war stories as you feel like sharing them with us.

thanks for your service!

I don't like to mix wrenching and boozing...usually. It makes me lazy and I either don't do anything, or worse, do stuff half-assed...but the more beer the better, and the more micro brews the better!

Enjoy your new stuff, welcome home.

MES

750cc
wecome back to the world.
Thanks for serving.
when the dust settles and the fog clears post a pic.

six by six

Two Stroke
Thanks for the comments! I'll post up the before and after pics soon. It will be a week or so until I get the pipes and stuff on. Yeah there's some stories and pics of Iraq to put up. I have noticed that the more beer the less bike work gets done. I have time though.

cynr1023

TT Racer
from Koifarm "Glad to hear you're back in the US and riding again, enjoy the wind in your face, a great motorcycle between your legs and the joy of a place where you no longer have to look over your shoulder to see if you are being ambushed"

Do us all a favor, ride like you are still about to be ambushed; them damn cagers are dangerous brother. Welcome home, and ride safe. Don't do 7 months and come home just to fuck yourself up on the bike.

uk59

Scooter
WELCOME HOME!!!
Thank you for helping to protect our country. It is men and women like you that keeps the flame of liberty burning.
Have fun riding! Watch out for the "other guy" because he's probably not watching out for YOU.

Str8up

Scooter
Welcome home Six....you and the other men and women in the armed services are the heart and sole of this great country. Thank you for your service and God bless you all.

T-boy

Rocker
Welcome home six....Your service is very much appreciated! Putting on new silencers, rejetting, and AI removal was a 9 beer job for me. However, I didn't pop the tops until I was almost finished. Nothing like sitting back and admiring your work with a few cold ones.

D9

Vendor
Another welcome home, six by six - thanks for your service, glad you made it home safely, good to have you back! Echoing others sentiments about riding... the street is it's own war zone - don't booze & ride, better the other way around. Looking forward to progress pics on the mods...

Cheers,

D9

DandyDoug

750cc
Welcome home and thank you for your service.
Be cool on those first few rides, I'm reading lot's of sad news about our troops coming home, celebrating and riding too hot, then winding up in a body cast, or worse. !!

hankmarx

750cc
As many times as it's been said, I'll say it again.

Welcome Home. Thank you for your service.

Ride safe, have fun!

Last edited:
Six, Let me just say… Welcome home and thank you for the great service you’ve provided. :Standing Ovation:

Looking forward to seeing photo’s of your Bonnie as it makes its way thru its transformation. If you’re considering selling the stock airbox, let me know. I may be interested.