Just a couple of tips that just popped into my head

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Hi All, Just come up from cleaning my Thruxton for the Laverda show at Cleveland ( Who in SE QLD is going??) and I thought I would share with you a thing that I do that works fantastic with making your bike look really clean.

When I wash my bikes I take off all the in the road bits that are easy to remove, seat, side panels, fuel tank, chain guard, chain etc and this exposes a lot of the bike and makes it easy to clean but once it is all washed and dried (I air blow it) I spray the motor with WD40 and wipe off some of the excess with a absorbant paper towel. Now that the towel has WD40 on it I then go over all the black bits, frame, swing arm, fork tubes, head set, switches etc. I even give the brake callipers a once over but I always remove the pads before washing and give them a good clean with brake clean and then after doing the callipers with WD 40, I give the disc a good clean with brake clean. This just stops any of the kero and truck wash getting on the pads during the wash, just have to make sure not to squeeze the brake lever when moving the bike around, it also allows you to keep an eye on the pads.
I may already be preaching to the converted but the WD 40 brings up the black bits like new. I then continue with the cleaning of the chrome, polishing the paint, blacking the tyres and then give it a good blow off to remove all the rag lint etc.

When the bike is started all the residual WD40 on the motor heats up and smokes off leaving a nice wet look to the black but it is actually dry, even all the hoses look new and all the other bits frame forks etc if they are still a bit wet just give them a wipe over with a clean dry towel, the WD40 does evaporate with the heat from the bike. This really finishes the bike off and gets rid of that shiny guards and tank but dull dirty frame appearance after a bike has been washed plus a bit of WD40 in the switches and pivot points does more good then bad, it actually beads up the water and allows it to run out instead of sitting and rusting the parts.

Oh yeah and to stop your goggles / glasses fogging up, use dish washing liquid. Apply some to a towel, wipe the inside of the lense with the detergent until it is all gone, do not rinse with water just use the raw detergent and wipe it until it is all clean. Do this once a fortnight or more and they will never fog up again, I will bet my left nut on it. Cheers TD

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Well feel free to come on over and wash both of ours! I'll give ya $20 apiece!!

Sounds... purty. :)

Grassy53

Scooter
Looking forward to the Laverda concourse after the washout last time.
28 degrees on the weekend, have got Friday off and can feel Mt Nebo..Mt Glorious calling especially without the Kamakazi weekend riders and the cops.
Will give the detergent on my glasses a go, only problem is I have no use for a third nut if it doesnt work :eeek:
Cheers
Rob

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Well feel free to come on over and wash both of ours! I'll give ya $20 apiece!!

Sounds... purty. :)

If that's including return air fare, meals and accommodation (Probably need two weeks and the missus and kids included as well of course) then it is a deal at say..... $25 a piece? Ohhhh yeah and a couple of loaner bikes...and a car for taking the kiddies out and about... and a few movie tickets and how about some passes to a couple of local theme park and an always full beer fridge and some fizzy soady pop drinks for the kids in another fridge and some of that bubbly leg opener stuff for the little lady and the accommodation definitely has to have cable and internet access......shit this is all sounding pretty intense, better make it $30 a piece. :d

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Looking forward to the Laverda concourse after the washout last time.
28 degrees on the weekend, have got Friday off and can feel Mt Nebo..Mt Glorious calling especially without the Kamakazi weekend riders and the cops.
Will give the detergent on my glasses a go, only problem is I have no use for a third nut if it doesnt work :eeek:
Cheers
Rob

You could be like the guy who has three balls and is so proud about it that he has to tell every body about it all the time when one day when he hops on the bus and says to bloke sitting beside him " You know mate between you and me we have 5 balls" and the bloke replies in a very high pitch voice "Boy you must have a cluster"

AceT100

Rocker
I never washed my Ducati Monster Dark in the 2 years I owned it...I just did the WD40 on a cloth about once a week......once it dried, it looked awesome.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I never washed my Ducati Monster Dark in the 2 years I owned it...I just did the WD40 on a cloth about once a week......once it dried, it looked awesome.

It looks good hey, I noticed it when I use to have my old air cooled chook chasers and in between the barrel fins and other hard to get at places always looked dirty, then one day I was spraying some WD40 on a clamp to loosen it and it went on the barrel fins making it look clean after wiping it off, even with the mud stains, they just disappear leaving it all nice and black.:up: x 2

Skidmark

Scooter
you tart

its another 3 weeks until the show.
See you there, red thruxton plus the usual bits added or removed.
Skiddy