Is Thunderbird a dirty word here??

derby boy

Two Stroke
I was just wondering if any one here has purchased, ridden or thought about the new T-bird. I guess the name "New Bonneville" automatically exludes the new P-Twin cruiser. I have ridden one and I like it. I think it looks good with a quality fit and finish. It handles very nice for 750lbs, and that motor has some major low end grunt. I'm sure there will be plenty of negative comments, but it's still a Triumph and I just wanted to give it a fair shot. I think the future of this bike will be a cruiser hot-rod or full tour bagger, and I have heard rumors of another version that has more of a mid-control set up.

Bonafide

NBR founder
This site is open to all bikes - especially Triumphs. If enough new Tbird owners show up, I'll even create a sub forum just for them.

Iceseven

750cc
Not my cup of tea and bad choice of names (my former 95 T-bird would not be happy) but I would welcome T-bird owners.

Proper Hinckley T-bird.

tbirda.jpg

strokerlmt

I think the bike looks pretty good. I can see someone with some money and time making some cool modifications. Fenders, bars maybe even the tank:headbang2:
Just an early morning thought.

KingBear

Hooligan
The Dude is very democratic that way, but it seems the cruisers tend to "go their own way." Most of the action here is dedicated to the Modern Classics.

Personally I rejected the new T-Bird from the beginning, preferring instead the previous incarnation in the form of the triple-cylinder Thunderbird Sport shown by Ice above. But it's grown on me enough that I will allow the big twin to park next to my Bonneville without raising too much of a ruckus. :)

Threewheelbonni

Two Stroke
Not my thing, but a bike is a bike is a bike. It's always interesting to compare notes and I'm certainly glad the build quality is back up to scratch.

They are having a bad time with the names. The Bonneville name annoys me at times at people automatically think I like old bikes, Rocket is a BSA name no matter what Hinckley say and now there are two Hinckley T-Birds. What next, the Triumph Goldstar? The Triumph Sportster? The Triumph Ninja? IMHO stick to numbers. It's a sad state when the Bavarian Tractor Company out think you on the names though, I mean Funduro and Rockster were a low point, but at least they've learned. Maybe that's the answer, Triumph ZZR1100RSRTSGSSSVCDSO&bar?

Andy

derby boy

Two Stroke
Well, the response was cool, but civil (I already new Sweats opinion:headbang2:). Yeah this is the 3rd incarnation of a T-Bird, I guess Triumph likes that name. It's obvious that Mr. Bloor has decided to stick with the traditional names whether they are from BSA, Triumph etc... I'm sure this had something to do with brand recognition. For what it's worth, I would love to have an old T-bird triple in the stable, shit for that matter I want 1 of everything.

Iceseven

750cc
As it says in the good book "All Triumphs are good and shall be ridden hard and all others shall be left in the dust" or something like that.

DIRK

750cc
i'm with derby i want one of everything as well. the new bird has brought a lot of looker's to our shop and some of them, surprised that triumph still is alive, may well convert to a bonnie anyway.

Thunderbird is not a dirty word to me, a surprising choice to use again admittedly. But I like the new thunderbird and look forward to the new people and the comments it will bring to the forum. "Thunderbirds are go"

Dif'rent stroke 4 dif'rent folks

Put the T-bird a on a serious diet and hide that fugly radiator and I might look at one. Until then, I'll keep riding my Bonny and grinning like an id10t. :ride:

mikenva

Rocker
lol dude I can tell when you grew up lol.been along time since i hread that.ripple ,bones farm those where the days lol.Then the old mad dog ,god that stuff makes a man crazy lol.

oldmanjob

Scooter
Went to see it 2 weeks ago, and was not impressed. The tank made me feel like I was sitting on the rocket, at least my feet were flat on the ground. the radiator seemed like an after thought (oops, here is something in the corner of the shop, lets see how it fits:eeek:) For this old man the bike is too big and heavy. I would rather have a Speedmaster (pre-07) if I were to have a cruiser model.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The ergos would turn me off the thing, but I'm sure not going to dis anybody who rides a bike. It's the wind in yer hair that matters most to me and that's all that matters in the end.

D9

Vendor
What's the word? Thunderbird.
What's the price? 30 twice.
take four.

Now THAT is some serious sax playin'... wow! What
a smokin' cut!

As far as the Tbird... not my cuppa tea, but I hope they sell the
hell outta them... I want to see Triumph as a company succeed... they
gotta sell good - and profitable - products to do that. Sincerely hope the tbird
is a success in the market it's gonna be competing in.

Last edited: