Iron Butt on a Bonneville?

Rhodie

Street Tracker
What an amazing Lady and what a great loss.
When hospital proceedures go awry due to human failure,
[like in my father's case] it makes me spit...
Thanks for keeping her memory alive.

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
I'm going to SC in June and am debating taking the Bonnie. The wife thinks I'm nuts, since I have a perfectly good touring bike in the garage, with hard luggage, cruise, sat radio, gps and such. But for some reason it sounds like fun. The only thing I'm worried about is the distance, about 600 miles in a day, then back again 3 days later. Do it on the GW every year, but it's even tough on that. Aside from the butt pain, my other concerns is the fatigue of fighting the wind with only my small flyscreen, and the possiblilty of flat tires, or other mechanical issues. The GW is dead reliable, all the time.
I'm still thinking it over, but need to decide in the next few weeks, so I can get some waterproof duffel bags and assorted kit.

cynr1023

TT Racer
Stock seat and drag bars from newbonneville.com. I'd slide back and forth on the seat using the standard pegs and sometimes the rear pegs to rest my feet on, I had a tank bag and a fairly large back pack. I'd just rest on the tank bag and sing along with my music. In retrospect I'd say maybe a throttle boss would have been a good idea, I'd catch a cramp in my forearm that I couldn't get out for a while and there really aren't that many options for holding the throttle open. I think a gel seat would have been a little better but at over 1000 miles in a day it doesn't really matter what you're sitting on.