Intro: New member in CA

Dsinned

Scooter
Just joined. Long time motorcycle enthusiast (since 1965). I've owned several dozen bikes mostly Japanese. My first Triumph was a new 2004 Daytona 955i SE. I LOVED that bike, especially the sound of the magnificent induction system's TRIPLE HOWL! I sold it last year. It was just too much sport bike, and uncomfortable to ride at my age (66). Last Summer, I bought my first "touring" bike, a new 2014 Triumph Trophy SE. It's a reweally nice bike, but too big and heavy for just riding around town. So last October I got another new triumph, a 2015 Bonneville T100.

It's considered a "custom" because the dealer repainted the tank from black and orange to black and silver, a two tone color scheme that matches the rest of the bike and much more to my liking. I also had the dealer add several genuine Triumph accessories (center stand, chrome valve cover, luggage rach and some other items merely for "beautification" purposes. Even without any accessories, all the extra chrome on a stock T100 is really what did it for me.

Since purchase, I also relocated the ignition switch and added TORS, and upgraded the airbox with a DNA air filter, TTP Breathe and Tune #1 ECU remap after removing the SAI tubes and and O2 sensors. The bike still looks and sounds almost completely stock even with the TORS, which start to come alive only at higher revs. This too is to my liking.

Both my current Triumphs are very comfortable, lots of FUN to ride, each in their own way, but the Bonnie is now my "go to bike" with its classic good looks and 50+ years of traditional British heritage.

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Bonnie. I've had mine a while and though I don't ride as much as I'd like every time I swing a leg over it my grin gets just a bit wider.

Dsinned

Scooter
I must have mod fever, because today I decided to put on a "Summer" screen selected out of Triumph's accessories catalog. I got it online for 25% off retail. Looks like installation is pretty straight forward, and a good choice for the T100. Screen height is 13.5" above the cutout for the headlight. Should be about right for some moderate wind protection without compromising the looks of the bike.