injection removal question.

phil

Street Tracker
I was looking around the British customs site and saw that you can remove the air injection from the head, and plug it. Does a person need to remap the engine when doing this, and does it make a difference in power. I know on some on older cars when removing the air pump you can gain some horse power. If someone could let me know that would be supper. thanks. :cheer:

Last edited:

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
I was looking around the British customs site and saw that you can remove the air injection from the head, and plug it. Does a person need to remap the engine when doing this, and does it make a difference in power. I know on some on older cars when removing the air pump you can gain some horse power. If someone could let me know that would be supper. thanks. :cheer:

The AI is nothing more than an emissions kludge to inject air into the exhaust (outside the combustion chamber) to burn off any leftover fuel mixture. Doing the AI removal (I have the kit; but haven't taken the time) will accomplish a couple of things. It reduces the temperature inside the exhaust headers, so the pipes won't turn blue - at least not as quickly. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, removing the AI will reduce or eliminate the closed throttle 'popping'.

It will have NO impact on performance.