I'm down to one bike!

EncoreJoe

Scooter
The bad news: I sold one of my bikes to pay off some bills and to downsize.

The good news: My remaining bike is a Scrambler!

Do you think I can survive and even thrive with a Scrambler? I'm betting I can! :ride:

I found that I like to have one do it all motorcycle to put all the miles on and I think the Scrambler is a keeper.

Joe

EncoreJoe

Scooter
I had a short acquaintance with a BMW R1200ST (traded in a K1200LT on it).

I liked the bike but for most of the type of riding I do the Scrambler will keep up with a Beemer except for long Interstate trips.

I like the simplicity of the Scrambler. I'm putting on a Parabellum touring shield this weekend.

Joe

ivar

TT Racer
... and now, you can spend some of the $$$ saved on insurance/maintenance for the beemer , towards farkles for the scrambler

EncoreJoe

Scooter
Now that you mention it...I just came in from installing a Parabellum touring shield and LED indicator lights.

Next on the list - new rear shocks.

It's all good! :)

Joe

I recently went from four bikes to three. It was just too hard to keep up with maintenance and cleaning for the four. I put the 12K in my checking account and intend to do some garage mods. Better lighting, floor covering, storage cabinets, and air conditioning.

Deano

Two Stroke
Now that you mention it...I just came in from installing a Parabellum touring shield and LED indicator lights.

Joe

Awww good stuff EJoe. So glad you kept the scram. Can you describe to me what a Parabellum touring shield is, and does? Do you have any photo's. Just that I went for a ride the other day, best ride ever actually, and when facing the head wind, really started thinking about a shield or flyscreen or something? Just not sure about the cost of a Triumph flyscreen vs benefit?

ivar

TT Racer

Joe
the parabellum + new shocks should make the bike a much better tourer. I'd also look into doing something with the forks to compliment the new rear shocks. I'm very happy with the intiminator fork valves I installed before the start of the season.
BTW, which shocks are you going for?

EncoreJoe

Scooter
I installed the hyperpro progressive front fork springs. Will probably try the lower end Hagon rear shocks. I'm not in the mood to spend $1000 for Ohlins.

That's why I sold the beemer!

I need to adjust the new windshield up an inch or two but should be easy to do with some scrap aluminum to fabricate some extension brackets. The wind is hitting the top of my helmet now, but the pressure on the body is gone.

Joe

ivar

TT Racer
most any halfway decent shock will be an improvement over stock, so the low end Hagon shocks should be fine.