I'm back... maybe.

wolfie

Two Stroke
Well, a year and a half after I sold my Bonnie Black I think I am back in the market for another Trumpet. A Thruxton this time.

I bought a Suzuki Bandit immediately after I sold the Bonneville. It was everything the Bonneville wasn't. It was stupid powerful. It was dead reliable. No offense, my Bonnie was buggy. It was a little top heavy. It had no soul.

I ran into some financial trouble earlier this year and posted my Bandit on Craigslist for a price that I thought would sell quick. No bites.

Fast-forward to two weeks ago, and I get a call out of the blue. This guy wants to know if I still have the Bandit for sale. Long story short, I sold it for what I was asking even though I wasn't sure that I wanted to sell.

My wife and I were discussing where to go from here. She proceeded to tell me in no uncertain terms that she thinks that selling the Bonneville was the dumbest thing I have ever done. "It's the most beautiful thing we have ever owned and you got rid of it." were her exact words if I remember correctly.

After some deep consideration I decided that I agree with her. The Bonnie is the only bike I have ever sold that I miss... a lot. Only I think a Thrux is the way to go. I prefer a slight forward lean and rear pegs over a strict standard riding position. For instance the Bonnie was infinitely more comfortable to me after I installed a set of M-bars, and I still put my feet on the back pegs any time I rode alone.

Anyway, this is an awfully long way of saying, "Hi guys, I'm back."

:finger2: :motorbike2: :finger2:

six by six

Two Stroke
Wolfie! Welcome back. I'm moving to KC next month, I'm in California and debating on whether to bring the Bonnie over. How late is the riding season over there? I'm gonna miss year round riding.

wolfie

Two Stroke
How late is the riding season over there? I'm gonna miss year round riding.

It kind of depends on how determined you are. Once upon a time when i was much more determined, I have been known to ride in the snow. After I got the Bonnie, the rule became: Stop riding the first time they salt the roads, and don't ride again till the first big rain of the spring. This is to prevent corrosion issues.

We usually don't get any major freezing weather till mid to late Dec though strange things do happen.

Welcome back to the fold. I have my Bonnie (with clip-ons and rear-sets) and also a Yamaha FZ1, which is probably pretty similar to your Bandit. I love both bikes and I'd hate to part with either.

KingBear

Hooligan
Throw a bullock on the barbie, a prodigal son has returned! Will you be looking for a Thrux with carbs or EFI?

wolfie

Two Stroke
Throw a bullock on the barbie, a prodigal son has returned! Will you be looking for a Thrux with carbs or EFI?

Not sure. I don't really care for the look of the swollen tank on the efi Bonnies, So likely a carbed model. The other hang up is that I think the bars on the later models will be more comfortable than the older clip ons. I may end up getting an older carbed model and then converting it to a handlebar set up.

I probably won't be seriously in the market till spring. I work in construction, and my financial situation will be more stable after winter is over.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I hope you find the Thrux of your dreams. Every once in a while I get the craigslist bug and look at Bandits, Kaw KLRs, Ducatis and older Beemers. nothing I've seen or ridden has gotten me off my Bonnie.

wolfie

Two Stroke
Hey everybody. Still no Thruxton. Everything is on hold as I trudge my way through college. Still dreaming. Still want a Thruxton in the worst way. The other day the wife informed me she sure wished we had a fast bike for her to ride. I asked her what she wanted, and she said she s wants a Thruxton. What a good girl.

neuroboy

750cc
Having picked up a 2006 Thruxton tonight, myself, I wholly endorse your plan! Keep an eye on Craigslist--one wil turn up. I had to travel a couple hours to find mine, but it was worth it (and then some).