I'm Back and Cancer Free!

Flaco

750cc
The title says it all...
A few of your pm's were wondering how I was fairing with my health problems.
Following test after test, poked and prodded in every way known to the medical community, my surgeon removed a tumor from my colon, (along with a good portion of the large intestine) my gallbladder and multiple lymph nodes November 16th. My surgeon tells me they got it all and the prognosis is very favorable. I will see my doctor on Dec 13th and it looks like I'll be on a cocktail for one year. I don't like that idea but what ever it takes, I'll do...
Shoot! I've never been sick a day in my 56 years on this planet.
The best birthday present I got yesterday was eighteen stitches out and a clean bill of health!
Doc says I can go back to work on light duty soon and full duty Jan 11th...
I stated "better be pretty soon if you want to get paid!"
I can't wait for the medical bills to come pilling in, but what the hell, I'll make payments as best I can. You just can't get blood out of a turnip...:w
Sure is great to be back on a solid food diet! I really need to gain my weight back. Being skinny and losing weight is an ugly thing:eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_6I50oXAVM

I'm sure miss riding the Bonnie. She's looking good, fires right up in the desert cold...
New front caliper and floating disk...
I'll dust her off and take a picture or two soon...
Here are photo's I took at our Oct Club Picnic. Tucson Vintage Motorcycle Riders. Great bunch of people and machines...
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/akkibben/TVMR Picnic/
More, http://www.flickr.com/photos/az-johnny/sets/72157625117909297/

Looking forward to posting again...

Thanks,

Allin...

marthruxton

Two Stroke
Allin, that is great news. It is a wonderful way to start off the new year. Congraluations!!!
I wouldn't lose much sleep over the bills. You should speak with a social worker and see what programs are available to you. Often hospitals had a budgeted charity work and there are goverment programs as well.
If worse comes to worse there is always chapter 7 or chapter 13.
The important thing is your health.

D9

Vendor
The best kind of good news... now to get back to fighting weight, soon as
you're able!

strokerlmt

Allin....great news man. You got it and now it is time to gain a little lb's , realize you caught everything AND ride the Bonneville.......
"Press on"
LMT

rodburner

Rocker
I TOLD YOU !! Good job Allin. Now,don't sweat the bills. That just adds to the after reaming stress and slows down your recovery. They will get their pound of flesh if they didn't already.:piss:

Skeeter

Rocker
YEAAAAA FLANCO!!! congrats. i was wondering hoew you were doin scine im now an AZ rider now down in sierra vista. congrats, you must be happy. glad to hear your doin swell

Rocker

Two Stroke
Glad to hear it's looking good. My mum had colon cancer, they took out a bunch of her colon almost 15 years ago and she has been fine since, 85 yrs old and kicking, so you've got lots of riding left in you once you get your strength back.