"I wasn't gonna let him pass me"

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
http://unionleader.com/article/20110513/NEWS03/110519957/1001

Driver charged with intentionally hitting motorcyclist

PELHAM - “I wasn’t going to let him pass me.”

That’s what police say a Windham teen told officers at the scene of a motor vehicle crash in Pelham early Friday morning, where the 18-year-old is said to have intentionally crashed his car into a motorcyclist, causing serious injuries.

Cody Eller of 123 Lowell Road in Windham was arraigned in Derry District Court Friday morning on a felony charge of second-degree assault and a misdemeanor charge of vehicular assault.

Police said Eller was driving south on Windham Road in Pelham around 4:30 a.m. Friday when he noticed a motorcyclist trying to pass him on the left, according to a police affidavit filed at Salem District Court.

William Hawksley, 45, of Brentwood, was identified by police as the driver of the Kawasaki ZX1400 motorcycle. Both were nearing the intersection of Tallant Road, according to the affidavit.

Mannion said Eller told an officer at the scene that he intentionally steered his car toward Hawksley to prevent him from passing.

“Yes, he was passing me illegally,” Eller said, according to the affidavit.

Comment: Everyone be careful out there. This is just so effed up... jealous loser in a cage decides to take out a rider.

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Immature hotheads are not necessarily the Brightest bulbs in the socket.

The guy is lucky to avoid manslaughter charges. He should serve some time behind bars.

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Used to be at 18 yrs old you had somewhat grown up. This pinhead is a perfect example that he will have to reach 40 yrs of age and pray that he has some fucking common sense, which he probably won't have. Good case for the parents to have been sterilized the day they got married.
LMT

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I think he's a murderer with a license....

all the more reason to drop an extra gear and rail it by them when passing! Don't give the bastards a chance to hit ya'

Last edited:

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Maybe I misunderstood but the driver said the motorcycle tried to pass him on the left hand side "illegally." Isn't it the rule to pass on the left hand side lane??

I hope the kid gets railed by some inmate on a nightly basis.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Some a-holes think they are self appointed police. You come up on them doing 30 mph on some mountain road out in bumfuck nowhere ( which is where this took place) and they get the idea that passing them is disrespect and they are gonna teach you a lesson or something. Its weird. I've been chased myself.

In this guy's case, he felt that he had power to hurt the other guy and so he just did it. But this kid is much worse - he attempted to summarily execute another motorist under the guise of a motor vehical accident. I suspect this is more common than we hear.

Some a-holes think they are self appointed police. You come up on them doing 30 mph on some mountain road out in bumfuck nowhere ( which is where this took place) and they get the idea that passing them is disrespect and they are gonna teach you a lesson or something. Its weird. I've been chased myself.

I know what you mean. Some feel they need to slow down and keep you within the posted speed limit because for what ever reason, they need to police the roads themselves.

Me on the other hand, be it me in a cage or on a bike, someone comes up from behind, I let em go and figure either they'll draw the cops out or just be someone else's issue further down the road; not mine. :D

Me on the other hand, be it me in a cage or on a bike, someone comes up from behind, I let em go and figure either they'll draw the cops out or just be someone else's issue further down the road; not mine. :D

I'm with you. When someone passes me hauling ass (and I'm already speeding) I think "you go on ahead and knock all of the cops out of the way for me!"

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I think that unless its a clear danger,or an accident, or something like that - what another motorist does is no business of mine. It simply has nothing to do with me.

strokerlmt

There are so many pinheads driving huge SUV's that feel secure in their big box so they act out like spoiled children. I say let em pass and clear the way of cops. No one wins a "pissin contest" at 75 mph.
LMT