I feel for you guys stuck in snow, honest, but...

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Sometimes it doesn't sound so bad. :) I live in Perth, Western Australia, and today it was 39C and cloudy. Really cloudy, like a thunderstorm might start up. I had just changed my main jets because I thought the bike might have been running a bit rich so I went down from 145s to 140s. It feels about right now.

But on my test ride I could feel the sun breaking through the clouds and it felt like it was trying to burn the skin off my arms. Usually I wear a mesh jacket but it was just too hot. Fortunately I can ride to the beach on the Indian Ocean and as I approach I can feel the coolness but even as I stopped at the beach it was so hot. Just a horrible day.

Still, on the good side (1) I got to ride and (2) I don't have to shovel snow. But whoever it was here who said they might be snowed in their house with nothing but Scotch and cigars - that sounds pretty good about now. Just make it a few cases of cold beer for me!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Yeah, problem is - its not for a couple days. We have freezing snowy shit and dark for 3 months and longer.Come home, sit inside wartch tv and gain weight. Day after day. Forget the bike, forget anything outside. Your choices are; Freeze your ass off, chop firewood non stop or pay the oil man $800/ tank. Been an hour late 6 times in the past two weeks due to ice, snow and accidents. For months. That's the other thing, the daily darwinian demolition derby. And the yard is pure mud, the road is covered with horrible sand and salt. No, winter sucks.

RJRR

moped
Ever try riding snowmobiles to kill the winter time?

Attachments

• Mar04_002.jpg
    Mar04_002.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I've been watching the winter X-games and snowmobiles look like fun. I've never even seen a snowmobile in real life - it never snows here.

I have a friend in Sweden who lets me know how miserable winter can be. We don't really have a winter here - it doesn't get to 0C and although it gets cold because we aren't built for cold weather it's not really much of a hardship.

Hey KingOfFleece - I was in Buffalo once a long time ago - it snowed like crazy when we were there! Glad to hear you like to ski. :)

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
I'm not sure what's going on anymore. Our winters are hit amd miss now.
We get snow but not like we used to. The plus is that our riding season is getting longer!