I am invisible

strokerlmt

Sitting at the light on HWY One turning left into town. Bike in neutral, feet flat arms folded and bump I get pushed a foot forward. I turn around and this dumb bitch is staring at me through her SUV windshield. So I put the bike on the stand and walk up to her window. She says OMG I didn't see you I am so sorry. So I said were you talking or texting. She says neither and how dare me. I say lets call the cops and have him check your phone (don't know if cop can do that, bluffing I guess) she says ok I was texting but I still didn't see you. I said you are a dumb bitch.
Now my question is has anyone ever put one of those flashers (that bicycle riders use) and epoxy to the back of their helmet ???????
LMT

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
They're nuts man. I got sandwiched between two cars a few weeks ago, because someone was using their GPS. Luckily she was super nice and there was no real damage, to the bike at least. We're all invisible out there, I'm very glad you are alright, could've been much worse.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I'm glad you are alright Lach...this could have gone very differently in another situation. Unfortunately it seems if you ride long enough, then you have a story of getting bumped or hit by some dip shit.

strokerlmt

Thx gents…..It seems our society wants everything/techie to be done for us. Texting, talking hands free, GPS, back/front warning, self parking cars where does it end. Where does it end?
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Thx gents…..It seems our society wants everything/techie to be done for us. Texting, talking hands free, GPS, back/front warning, self parking cars where does it end. Where does it end?
LMT

Hey mate...I'm not sure if this helps as it might even be more disturbing but I just got hired on with a fuels company in Kansas City driving a fuel tanker...you know these....the REALLY big trucks that hold a SHIT TON of fuel that could ruin your day if you aren't careful....yup...I've already been cut off because of someone in a little car texting and not paying attention. It is beyond my comprehension how stupid people can be at times. With that said, I am glad you are alright.

Just a thought but perhaps if we start thinking about penalties as someone operating a 2 ton machine that can kill someone easily might be more appropriate...

drlapo

Hooligan
similar situation a few year ago; stopped at a light, light goes green, girl in car behind me goes- right into the rear of my bike= $800 damage
and she knew it was me, dated my son
DUH

D9

Vendor
LMT... so glad you're ok and it was a nudge vs a hit.
It is getting surreal out there... EVERYONE is texting and talking and
it's just fucking NUTS
Hate what's happened with the gizmos... how did it become OK to
drive this distracted... cars now with ever larger touch screens in the middle of the dash
tell buyers it's ok to press buttons instead of watching the road... WTF!!!??? sorry to rant
but I've begun to feel militant about the state of things... especially when I hear or
read of something like this

LMT you were lucky... this time.

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
maybe an large array of these on the back of the bike will helped distracted
drivers see the bike stopped in front of them
HTB1j9kFFVXXXXaQXFXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg

Roger

Street Tracker
Every post in this thread is 100% spot on. Glad it was just a bump LMT and I'm sure the driver took offense when you called her a dumb bitch. They all take offense when you point out how stupid they are.

Recent legislation here forbids people to drive distracted and now they have also reimplemented 30 Kmh / 20 Mph speed zones in school zones. Even more people now drive using their phones and people still speed through school zones or even pull a U-turn in a school zone. City police say they are going to enforce these laws, but I only see the same things happening and getting worse.

You can spot the new drivers here a mile away, they can't negotiate a simple turn or parallel park their car with any confidence at all but on a straight stretch, they speed and sometimes they speed a lot.

What D9 said about the in-dash touch screens. What the fuck for? Really! Along with that, the GPS and the cell phones pasted to the windshield blocking the line of sight ahead while choking down your breakfast sandwich and coffee.

We have car accidents here on a daily basis choking up traffic during rush hours. Most recently, three roll overs with some fatalities. It's not getting better and it won't.

All of us here could write pages upon pages about the shitheads we encounter on a daily basis. And those shitheads don't see anything wrong with how they behave towards others in traffic. When are the driver's licencing offices going to be forced to stop issuing licences to complete morons with no understanding of how to drive a vehicle?

Ya, this is a rant and I'm getting madder here by the second. End post!

strokerlmt

D9…you crack me up….love the license plate / middle finger brake light.

Roger…..I am Canadian and sometimes think Canadians and their conservative approach should be appreciated more. I felt bad immediately when I said "dumb bitch". I usually just shake my head smile and walk away from situations like that. Frustration got the better of me. I see technology moving ahead at light speed with more and more gizmo's in new cars and I see drivers every day in new model cars who can't park, negotiate a round about, estimate time for traffic signal lights, I see honks and fingers and everyone in a hurry to get to the coffee shop. If they can't handle the basics how can they handle touch screens. Did you see the lady driving the SUV through the restaurant for about 30 feet, then decided to back up as well.
As both of you have said it isn't going to get any better.
Have a great weekend NBRer's
LMT

Last edited:

DandyDoug

750cc
WOW all these post just validate my current thinking about many of the road users I encounter an a regular basis.

I am no longer riding on two wheels and recently accepted a part time job as a shuttle driver/parts chaser for a local tire store.
I average around 150 miles per day locally and see some of the most bizarre driving behavior you can imagine.
I am now convinced that there are people out there driving that should not be allowed to WALK in public much less operate a motorized vehicle.:hj:

strokerlmt

DandyDoug….."hear you" but I wish you wouldn't stop riding…..there has to be areas and roads you cab access and not worry about the dip shits…
LMT

DandyDoug

750cc
I wish I could still ride , but my old body just causes me too much grief , all the enjoyment went away when the pain became constant and severe.:T