How-To: Remove Fuel Tank on 2012 Bonneville

Pauljp

Scooter
I made a quick video today of how I remove the fuel tank on my 2012 Bonneville.
I just thought this might help out the new riders who are interested in working on their bikes.
I hope you enjoy it.

Click Here to watch it.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Do you really empty out your tank before taking it off the bike?:chin:

Nevermind...mine are carb'd and I just turn a lever if I want to control the gas flow

Last edited:

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Paul,

That was a great video, thank you for sharing it. Finally somebody makes a good informational video and edits it so we don't have to watch every single screw turn, etc...

I look forward to watching more of your work.

Arty

moped
Great How2 Paul keep them coming. I fitted a 12v auxiliary socket to my Bonne, wish I'd seen your video first, however I used the same method to remove the tank and connect to the electrics. Just a correction on the specification, the fuel tank capacity on the +2009 EFI models is 12 litres. 4 litres or so is lost to make room for the fuel pump and filter. I know as I inadvertently ran my 2010 model dry, all it took to fill was just over 12 litres.

BTW I simple connected to the stock Triumph wiring connector by means of a pair of shrink wrapped 6.3mm male spade crimp on terminals. Wiring colour codes are as you'd expect black -12v earth and purple +12v live.

Arty

moped
Just checked my fuel ups and you may be right

Most I've ever got in during refuelling is 13.3 litres

LoVel

Two Stroke
Although it is a simple procedure you probably saved me a half hour just knowing how the little clip worked. Thank you for the excellent video.