Holy shit...swingarm....exhaust....

strokerlmt

My 10 and 13 year old daughters say....alll the timeeee.... "omg"....or....."oh my god"....I try to be correct when around them....BUTTTTT.....I have to say now........"HOLY SHIT, WTF " ....... I just finished a test ride with the new jmc swingarm and the Bill Gately 2 to 1 tuned exhaust. I cannot comment on the arm yet because I have not had a good run thru the curves. LET ME TELL U ABOUT THE EXHAUST.......I have Dominators, Predators, Staintunes, all hanging in the garage. I have respect for Matt, Carlos, Sean, and the aussie stain company........BUT........I have to tell you the Bill Gately 1.5 inch flange....to 1.75 inch pipes to 2 inch collector to his tuned exhaust is probably the SWEETEST system I have ever heard or experienced. I wish I knew how to record a great sound to send to u. Plus excelleration thru all gears was great. The sound is great....loud but not to loud and tame enuff for the neighbors as u cruise in. BUTTTT....f------g open her up on the highway and I am tellin u this is one amazing sound........Latta
LMT

coopv2

Street Tracker
Hey Hey Hey.... is it you that always says, 'if there are no pics, it did not happen'
get us all excited about the great sound. and an in depth description on what the pipe looks like and leave us hanging out to dry. i demand a photo. pay up.

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Hey Hey Hey.... is it you that always says, 'if there are no pics, it did not happen'
get us all excited about the great sound. and an in depth description on what the pipe looks like and leave us hanging out to dry. i demand a photo. pay up.

No, it's sweatmachine who says that, but Coop's right LMT....you've got us all excited now so you've got to find someone to video you riding off up Hwy 1towards Gorda with you grabbing a fistful of throttle........YES!

Personally I thought you bike sounded great when I heard it. But then I was pretty pissed I wasn't coming with you. A Honda 90 stepthru would've sounded nice to me that morning.

strokerlmt

I left my down load cord in the office....pictures soon.....
Go to bonnevilleperformance.com Bill Gately in Florida. You can see the system there. I bought a used system new is very pricey.
LMT

strokerlmt

Let her breath and she will give you more and more and more......
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
Man awesome bike. I dream of doing a wheel swap, but it just seems like a really in depth process. Maybe over the winter you can give me some tips?

nohawk

Rocker
Wow. Very nice man, the oil coolers are from the same place as the exhaust right? Does the exhaust use the discs like a supertrap exhaust?

strokerlmt

It is a supertrap exhaust and Bill Gately set the discs up. When I rode her last night I had solid pull through all gears. So I should be able to dyno in the next couple of weeks. I know nothin about dyno. The owner of the shop says he tunes carborated bikes. So I assume I should take a jet kit with me or since the bike seems to perform well now, do I even need to think tuning or just do the dyno ???????
Thx...LMT

Flaco

750cc
I just went out and slapped me Bonnie and said "Why don't you look like that!"
Then I looked in my wallet and immedietlly apologized for my outburst...

Looking good!

Still love my red headed step child though...

coopv2

Street Tracker
No, it's sweatmachine who says that, but Coop's right LMT....you've got us all excited now so you've got to find someone to video you riding off up Hwy 1towards Gorda with you grabbing a fistful of throttle........YES!

Personally I thought you bike sounded great when I heard it. But then I was pretty pissed I wasn't coming with you. A Honda 90 stepthru would've sounded nice to me that morning.

your right , hey sorry LMT . but your not off the hook. post the pics please, we need them to satisfy our hunger.
hey wobbly , new avatar? nice one.

strokerlmt

Thx Flaco.......I really blew it on the swingarm. Shouldn't have done it right now couldn't pass it up. I better make some big sales this summer.

Question for everyone....when the bike is on the lift and the rear axle nuts are torqued to spec there is maybe 1/16 or less of an inch bac and forth play rim/spacers. Seems about as close as you can get. Is that what you all have ????.......

Thx ,,,,LMT

coopv2

Street Tracker
I just went out and slapped me Bonnie and said "Why don't you look like that!"
Then I looked in my wallet and immedietlly apologized for my outburst...
:lol::lol::lol: that tickles the ribs.

And yes get the dyno run, take the jet kit. ask him first if he has a gas analyzer to read the exhaust gas, to compare with the power curve map. and dips or bumps in the power delivery should show up in the fuel curve. also lube up your chain first so your not getting drag from that. usually a pipe change like you have done will move the peak torque or HP up or down the RPM. would be nice if you can post a copy for us please. make sure he uses, 'Forced scaling" which will show the Torque curve and HP curve crossing each other at 5250 rpm.
thats when TQ drops off and HP takes over. that makes for consistent map comparisons. it is a mathematical constant the TQ and HP cross at that point on all engines that can rev past 5250rpm. if you have the time and he has the patience... when the tune is done ask for one last run with the carby pods removed. just to see the diff

coopv2

Street Tracker
Thx Flaco.......I really blew it on the swingarm. Shouldn't have done it right now couldn't pass it up. I better make some big sales this summer.

Question for everyone....when the bike is on the lift and the rear axle nuts are torqued to spec there is maybe 1/16 or less of an inch bac and forth play rim/spacers.LMT
that sounds scary please give more detail as to what is moving

When the axle is tight there should be NO movement.
check to see that your axle is not missing a spacer, and that the nut has not run out of thread on the shaft, and bottomed out, you may need to add a washer on the axle head and under the nut. that should lock all parts solid.

Last edited:

coopv2

Street Tracker
thanks. Pipe is sweet, i want one now, never noticed your contrast cut progressives, oil gauge mount, and you cool oil coolers, very very nice. wait while i slap my bike for not looking like that.