High milage maitnance?

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
What to look out for when your Thruxton reaches 33k miles...

Repeat with scheduled stuff, sure sure...

Anything on these bikes that tends to break down and need replacing, what should I do as preventative maintenance?

So far, I got a new battery. The bike is 4 years old, figured it could not hurt.

Cables? How do they wear?

Ignition box? coils? spark plug wires? Anything?

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
IMHO, 33k miles is not 'high mileage'. If you've had no abnormal issues, just keep doing what you've been doing. The recommended stuff is in the manual.

Motley

750cc
I've got about 42,000 miles on mine. Just keep following the suggested maintenance schedule. Things will fail, or not.

strokerlmt

I agree with the rest keep doing what you are doing. I would also take a 1/2 day pull the seat and tank, check all wire connectors, pull clean re grease, look for rub or wear on harness, and put a wrench on everything. re torque to specs make sure everything is tight, tight is good:)
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
It has been my experience with both my Bonnies that these engines get a very serious mileage addiction...the more miles you put on these girls, the more they want! Keep her torque specs good and give her time up in the 7,000 rpm range and she will reward you :D

RumRunner

Street Tracker
What to look out for when your Thruxton reaches 33k miles...

Repeat with scheduled stuff, sure sure...

Anything on these bikes that tends to break down and need replacing, what should I do as preventative maintenance?

So far, I got a new battery. The bike is 4 years old, figured it could not hurt.

Cables? How do they wear?

Ignition box? coils? spark plug wires? Anything?

You're not really close to "High Mileage" for one of these bikes. Just do your normal maintenance, and go from there. On most of the "other" parts that fail (Rectifiers, Coils, Etc.) there really isn't a time table they decide to fail or not for no real reason. As others have said it's a good idea to Nut and bolt the bike from time to time. :D

It has been my experience with both my Bonnies that these engines get a very serious mileage addiction...the more miles you put on these girls, the more they want! Keep her torque specs good and give her time up in the 7,000 rpm range and she will reward you :D

Agreed 100% other than the fact that there's no reason to keep the RPM so low ;)