Heres a good one

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Anyone here EVER regret buyiny your Bonne?? And IF so- WHY??
I expect this to be a short thread- but who knows?? I know mine would be in my livingroom if I could get it in here!! Speak up all~!

REVOLT

Street Tracker
There are days I go on and on thinking of 'what else' I should have looked at it? Nothing ever comes to mind...there are other bikes out there I would love to own, but never over my Bonnie...

So my answer is...NO...:)

dscott3509

Two Stroke
Yes, I have wondered several times whether it was a good decision. The Bonnie was my first motorcycle. Fresh out of the basic rider training, I saw a photo of a friend's Scrambler, and he suggested the Bonnie for me. I bought the bike, had her delivered, and then headed out for my first ride. I loved it. On the fourth day I was trying to make a turn from a stop sign, the clutch slipped, and the bike died on me, and I went down. I was embarrassed as hell, and frustrated. After getting out of the road, I sat on the seat for a bit and just kicked my own ass for a few minutes. After I calmed down, I rode home with no issues. A few weeks later, after breaking my wrist in a bicycle accident, I slipped and dropped the motorcycle in the garage. I was certain at that point that I had purchased too much bike for a first bike. I also had vertigo problems at that point, and after those were resolved, I had no confidence that I could ever ride any motorcycle. That all happened between July and October 2008.

Fast forward to March 2009, I am tired of looking at this (scuffed) piece of machinery in my garage. I took the intermediate training, found a local rider with lots of experience who was willing to help a newbie, and in 3 weeks I've added over 300 miles. A new set of handlebars, new mirrors, and a Dart screen, and I feel that I can do this riding thing, and that I have a good bike.

In hindsight, I questioned whether I bought the right bike. But, at this point, I think the problems I had were due to trying to do too much too soon. Bonnie, FZ6, CRB1000RR, Honda Rebel, I don't think it would matter.

That's a really long way of saying, yes, I did question it. But, at this point, I could not be happier that I got the Bonnie.

Delbert

Two Stroke
My only regret is not having a 865 Bonnie to go along with my 790 Bonnie. However, if I knew about the new T-Bird before I got my '02, I would of picked it instead.
Del

wilderness

Scooter
I had an 05 Thruxton and sold it. Big mistake! Even my wife was like "WTF?" I bought a jap bike; sold it and now I'm back for good! 08 T100 and I'm keeping this one.

trumppa

Scooter
Rode about 15 years Harleys,no regrets here! Had a Speedmaster for 3 years and now I'm riding a Bonne.2nd year going with that. Just love the bike! :headbang2:

78gold

Two Stroke
Bonnie

Probably my favourite allrounder bike ever.

Probably the worst parts, service/cost ever.

Pity, as in my opinion its the first bike with any character built since the Duc Monster hit the scene (Yes I did own a 900). The service from the Ducati people was fantastic. Some decent parts stocking by dealers and pricing of accessories by Triumph and this could be the best bike and best buy around. Its easier to make your own than any bike out there at the moment, whether its stock, cafe, bobber etc the bonnie can do it all.

Over $450 Aussie to buy a contempory seat if I want a seat Cowl as the Cowl only fits the contempory seat not the standard. Triumph tell me here there is not a cowl to fit the standard seat. :eeek:

Anyway enough whining. Its a great bike and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.:headbang2:

MattRat

TT Racer
Not really a regret, but I should have bought a Thruxton instead - Spent way too much turning the Bonnie into something much closer to a thruxton...

KingBear

Hooligan
I have a hard time spending large amounts of money on myself. I've been a family man for so long I'm just used to making the sacrifices that go along with raising kids and owning a home. I've always let my wife drive the new car so I knew she'd be safe while I've driven the hand-me-down. I never spent much on clothes or TVs or the things other guys seem to have. Sure I've pissed away some money on occasion but always in small amounts, a hundred or two here or there.

My Bonnie was the biggest self-indulgent purchase of my life. Sometimes I do wonder if it was a wise thing to spend money on, but as far as actually regretting the purchase, no way. My Bonnie is my prized possession, and I wouldn't trade her for any other bike on the road.

ricky

Street Tracker
Anyone here EVER regret buyiny your Bonne?? And IF so- WHY??
I expect this to be a short thread- but who knows?? I know mine would be in my livingroom if I could get it in here!! Speak up all~!

Wouldn't those owners be gone off of a forum like this?
If I sold my Bonnie because I regretted buying or just didn't like it, I doubt I would still be on this site.

MuckSavage

Scooter
Don't regret buying it, but a little buyer's remorse now and again. I am back on the road after an 8 year hiatus, and probably SHOULD (re: not the best economy, my job isn't entirely stable) have bought something cheaper. But I just can't get enough of this bike. When I walk away from it, I look back at least three times.

I come from a Harley family, so I feel that I'm a bit large for it (6'2, 285) but I know the resale value will be there if I take care of it, and the wife has expressed interest in upgrading from her 125cc scooter, and it would be the perfect size for her (if a bit too powerful.)

That being said, since I've bought it about a month ago, I've only seen 2 triumphs on the road. Kind of cool having such a unique brand.

mikenva

Rocker
mine is like a bad woman keeps me broke with a smile on my face.Every pay check its ok need this for the bills now what left to spend on my bonnie.

champ7fc

Scooter
no regrets

I would buy this bike again in a heart beat. I owned a 66 bonnie and a 71 norton back in the days. My Bonnie reminds me of both bikes. I do not ride as often as I would like but when I do she transforms me and brings me back to the days when I was young. I had a couple of Harley riders last week come over to me when I pulled in for fuel. They heard me come in, I have tors on the bike and they commented on how it reminded them of the Triumph sound, they were probably 10- 20 years my juniors. They spent 10 mins admiring my Bonnie so I returned the favor and admired their Harleys. No matter what you ride enjoy, life is too short.

DandyDoug

750cc
Not one regret about the Bonneville, even when it was giving me fits with the electrical system that had both the dealer and me stymied for a while. :eeek:

I have purchased 3 other bikes since the Triumph entered my garage, all but one of them are gone and the latest one may not be around a long time. The T100 is a keeper IMHO , does everything pretty well, gets great fuel mileage, and easy to work on when it does need something.:cheer: