Hepco Becker full rack, junior 30L case and Yourney TC40 topcase

grindal

Scooter
hi,

this is my experience on mounting and using the luggage set from hepco & becker:
picture.php

my setup: Full chrome rack (side and rear rack)
Junior 30L cases
Yourney 40L TC40 topcase
picture.php

Packaging: delivered nicely packed, in bubbled wraps and plastic bags

Mounting the rack.
picture.php

Mounting the rack is "normally" quite easely but there are some minor things

1: you have to relocatie the blinkers with an L bracket. the minor thing is that the original chromed rear light doest fit well between the new L-bracket so i had to cut a piece of 5mm off ! (so now my rear light is damaged. you don't see it after placing the L bracket but if you want to remove the braket afterwards... you got a problem.

solutionbuy shorter blinkers to fit between the luggage cases so you won't need to relocate your original blinkers!
picture.php

2: mounting the right chrome rack was not a problem, fittet perfect, but the left chrome rack wasn't a nice fit! the bracket to mount underneath the seat was to high! so i had to bend it downwards abouth 4 cm!! also i filled it up between the seat and the chromed bracket with a plastic piece of 1cm thickness to make a better fit
picture.php

3: mounting the rear rack on the left and right bracket was no problem !

Cases: Topcase (fully watherproof !) tested it on my roard trip on heavvy rain! the case can hold a full face big helmet / jet / and some other stuff like some small bottles of wather, handgloves etc... so perfect size for me
picture.php

(if we go with 2 on a trip my girl's helmet goes into the topcase and i lock my helmet with a small lock on my front brake bracket.

side cases: big enough for a short trip. ( i used 1 case for clothes, girlfriend the other one) and topcase for some other stuff.
picture.php

the only down thing on the side case is the lock's don't look too heavvy. the fixing on the case is from plastic/ the lock itself is metal
all luggage-cases can be locked on the chrome rack.

Down side: riding without the side cases make's it look like crappy sight...

Last edited:
Grindal, I'm thinking of a set of these for my 09 because yours look so good. The 09 rear mudguard is shorter than the 08, so I'm worried that the rear brace between the side frames will be below the bottom of the mudguard and look ridiculous. Could I ask you to measure the distance between the bottom of the tail light and the top of the brace? A photo from directly behind would be good too if you have one :)

Dave

DandyDoug

750cc
I like the finished look, almost like an OEM set up.

Were you aware of the rear turn signal issue ? Seems like for the price they could have included all necessary parts in the set up.

I wonder if there is enough clearence between the bottom of the side bags and my Staintune reverse cone mufflers.

Glad you like them , nice looking proper touring bike.

DIRK

750cc
you are going to like them. i've had a set for 5+ years with no issues. have stuffed them way to full, they keep comming back for more.

grindal

Scooter
Grindal, I'm thinking of a set of these for my 09 because yours look so good. The 09 rear mudguard is shorter than the 08, so I'm worried that the rear brace between the side frames will be below the bottom of the mudguard and look ridiculous. Could I ask you to measure the distance between the bottom of the tail light and the top of the brace? A photo from directly behind would be good too if you have one :)

Dave

Dave, sorry to inform you that it won't fit on a 09 !!!
my dealer tried it and the frame of the 09 is diffrent than the 08 and previous bikes...

maybe hepco & becker will make a new design for the 09 models?

Dave, sorry to inform you that it won't fit on a 09 !!!
my dealer tried it and the frame of the 09 is diffrent than the 08 and previous bikes...

maybe hepco & becker will make a new design for the 09 models?

Thanks for the info. My dealer told me the frame is identical, so who knows? I know that the seats are interchangeable. Also the same Hepco & Becker rack fits the 08 and 09

002.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited:

grindal

Scooter
Thanks for the info. My dealer told me the frame is identical, so who knows? I know that the seats are interchangeable. Also the same Hepco & Becker rack fits the 08 and 09

002.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

i tought that i read somewhere that they lowered the rear a bit.
or maybe the frame of the SE model is changed and i think the T100 will be still the same...

if you want to be sure.. try contacting hepco & becker directly...