Hepco Becker 30L luggage for a bonneville black - road trip

grindal

Scooter
Picture of the tank bag on my bonneville black
hi,

picture.php
[/IMG]
Went shopping this weekend, yesterday a new helmet for the girlfriend, and today i've got here a new pants.. but also a gadget for me... a tank bag

Got a Tank-bag from "hein-gericken", Streetline magnetic tank-bag. i will test is tomorrow for a first ride to work.
but for now it fits quite well on the bonneville, because i haven't installed the rubber knee pads, the magnetic flaps will sitt there and the bag is just wide enough for the tank, also you can still see the triumph logo on the bike ! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted to share my experience with the hepco & becker hard-luggage outfit.
Because i didn't find mucht info or comments on this forum.

I've just ordered the set after long hesistating so....

this will be the final setup

- Set of "junior 30L" hard cases
- compleet chrome rack (side case and rear rack in one piece)
- Top Box "yourney 40L" incl backrest (for the woman)

reason why i choose for a yourney topcase instead of a same range 'junior' topcase is because newer helmets are bigger an will not fitt inside a "junior" top case of 40L, also i would't go for a bigger size of top box and side cases because i think they will be TO big for the bike

another reason is 'safety minded" because it has a reflector on the bag, handy in bad weathers / winter time (darkness)

- didn't wanted to go for soft-luggage because of "rain"problems, and also after some time the countrours of the bags become "sloppy"

And hard-case's are "lockable", so this is a better option for "theft" of your gear!

for now:

PRO:

- rain-proof
- junior's goes quite good for looks with a bonneville if you compare with other hard-cases (like a givi set)
- extra inner bags available
-

Contra:

- looks of the rack without the side cases mounted isn't that great
- rack not available in "black"
- look's of the "journey" top case( big red reflector)

Last edited:

DIRK

750cc
been running 40l heps on my r100rs for 6+ yrs on water problems you do need to be mindful with the latches. don't get in a hurry as you latch them sometimes a gentle push on the lid helps pull them together. they latch on easily. you can always pick up a small set to leave on. once you start using them you will not care what the rack looks like as you'll not have them off any way. and the space underneath makes a good stash box. as for color git a rattle can, reflector if they see ya they can't hit ya

TC_Dick

TT Racer
i've got it ordered via my triumph dealer because as a custumore you can not order the stuff directly,

my triumph dealer made the order directly @ hepco & becker (germany)

Is it the rack that requires the tail lights to be relocated?

grindal

Scooter
yes, but i think it't not that big of an andjustment of the bike,

i've compared it with a "givi" set and the tail-lights have to be relocated with these rack also, but this set has an verry "ugly" set when riding without cases.

also the "givi" rack is apparently a set with a lot of different pieces, and the heco en becker rack should be a 3 piece set (stronger) = more kg / luggage...

gweldoncone

Scooter
I have this set-up on my bike and it works very well. When not traveling I remove the top rack so that it looks cleaner. I some times wish I had gone with the 40l as you can fill the 30's pretty quick but I am sure you will like them.

DandyDoug

750cc
A complete description of the quality, of the whole system, plus your comments on the clarity of the mounting instructions and of course pictures is appreciated.
Thanks