Help with my M-bars

crikket44

Scooter
Hi folks. I love the new m-bars I just threw on. I am just not sure if the riding position will work for me. I am 6'3", and am feeling a little cramped. Any ideas? Can anyone explain what a rear-set will do for me? What are the tallest risers I could try. Thank you so much to anyone who could help me out with a little knowledge!

JimT100

Scooter
I'm 6'4" and have had M-Bars on my bike for 4 plus years. I put rear sets on this past spring and for me it is a much more comfortable riding position.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Hi folks. I love the new m-bars I just threw on. I am just not sure if the riding position will work for me. I am 6'3", and am feeling a little cramped. Any ideas? Can anyone explain what a rear-set will do for me? What are the tallest risers I could try. Thank you so much to anyone who could help me out with a little knowledge!

Did you mount the bars so they're 'bent' down, or up? the difference is about 2"..

JimT100

Scooter
M-Bars

I have the bars up at this time....but I have been thinking about flipping this winter to see what it feels like.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
"up" works fine for me, thank you very much. When you get to me my age, you'll probably flip yours over as well.

Ninja K

Two Stroke
Here they are in the "up" position. I had it like this for just a few a day.. for some reason, I couldn't stop the bars from hitting the tank on one side so I flipped them

1055792322_Kj2fv-L.jpg

1055793001_sXEWt-O.jpg

In their proper configuration, they are really comfortable. I just don't like that wet noodle look so I put Biltwell clubmans on them to go for that Cafe Racer look which I love.

I'm sure i'll go back to the wet noodle as I get older. haha

Easy13

Street Tracker
I'm a little confused about this thread's accepted terminology, but with the hand grips up, it's a comfortable ride for this 6'3" 52-year old on Bonneville footpegs. Having recently swapped on rearsets, however, handgrips down (a' la Ninja K) seems more comfy. Overall, with my battereed knees, worn-out ass and 34" inseam, rearsets and lowered handgrips make for a less stressful day in the saddle. Just My Opinion, Of Course...
Man, I LIKE those M-bars in black. Mine are chrome now, but I'm sorely tempted...

Last edited: