Help: Thruxton headlight/bracket question

Bullitt

Two Stroke
I'm installing the Thrux headlight brackets and am not familiar with them. I went to put it on last night and was wondering:

Is there supposed to be a rubber grommet or anything between the bracket and the headlight? I doubt it's supposed to be metal on metal but can't tell from the service manual.

Thanks!

strokerlmt

There is a rubber grommet. I just picked up some big rubber washers at the hardware store and they work well.
LMT

Bullitt

Two Stroke
Negative. I have a metal washer with the bolt. I just grabbed some thin neoprene washers and put one inside and outside the headlight bracket.

strokerlmt

Negative. I have a metal washer with the bolt. I just grabbed some thin neoprene washers and put one inside and outside the headlight bracket.

That is what I have.....bolt + washer + rubber washer BRACKET rubber washer tighten bolt.
LMT

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I'm installing the Thrux headlight brackets and am not familiar with them. I went to put it on last night and was wondering:

Is there supposed to be a rubber grommet or anything between the bracket and the headlight? I doubt it's supposed to be metal on metal but can't tell from the service manual.

Thanks!

Not sure what year your bike is, but my 04 Thruxton does not have anything between the bracket and the headlight (nor does it show one on Bike Bandit).. From the bracket to the headlight is simply a Bolt with a washer on it going through the bracket into the bucket... On the fork tube side the tubes have studs coming out of them to connect to the bracket. On that end there is a Rubber washer, spacer, standard washer, and nut.

I wouldn't think you'd want a rubber washer at the bucket as it would lose adjustment.