Help me BETA test!

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
My new blog site/ portfolio.

Click, scroll, look for typos?

I don't care - just please look around so I can make sure it's all looking.

Also, I would some numbers in the analytical system.

If all systems are go Ill give it a domain name.

http://ryanflowers99.wordpress.com/

Thanks!!!

--rr99:sidecar:

AceT100

Rocker
The colors suck...loose the numbers...learn to spell....

Do I sound like Germ? :chair:

Nice work Ryan, I like it a lot, and didn't realize you did so much artwork, did you learn the etching from Kirk, of did he learn from you?

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
He showed me how to etch shapes and letters. He told me it was impossible to etch an image... So i did anyways.

And it sucked.

and he etched a better one... and it was better.

and i etched a full on photo, and its awesome!

and then we both kind of lost interest for now.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Also, Germ is an ass hole!!! But he's honest.

Ill take an honest ass hole over an ass kissing liar any day!

AceT100

Rocker
He showed me how to etch shapes and letters. He told me it was impossible to etch an image... So i did anyways.

And it sucked.

and he etched a better one... and it was better.

and i etched a full on photo, and its awesome!

and then we both kind of lost interest for now.

I saw the stuff he did for the dash of the new car he is putting together at Matt's shop.....

Also, Germ is an ass hole!!!

I see I am not the only one he made an impression on... :cheers:

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Nice start. Could the acid etching be used to burn a picture or script into ,say, a raw steel gas tank?

Steel takes another set of chemicals. Unfortunately the process is to violent and eats away at the graphic AND the steel.

I can do aluminum, but only letters. Swimming pool acid eats aluminum... you have to cut the acid with 2/3rds hydrogen peroxide to dull down the reaction.

Any acid etching lets off lots and lots of toxic fumes - DO THIS OUTSIDE.

Bonniebret

Rocker
Ok, Ryan. Designer to designer here it is: You're an amazing artist but the Wordpress/template look is overpowering and KILLING your work. It looks too OEM and you're a custom guy. If there's anyway to customize the shit out of it I'd say get on it. That or stick with your old blog. It was simple and put the focus on your work and the great photography you use.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
The brass he did for the modified came out flawless!!! He burned that for days - literally.

Also, he said the only thing that's left for it is the brakes... He will drive it to work Monday.

Did you see pictures on the HAMB?

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Nice start. Could the acid etching be used to burn a picture or script into ,say, a raw steel gas tank?

Ok, Ryan. Designer to designer here it is: You're an amazing artist but the Wordpress/template look is overpowering and KILLING your work. It looks too OEM and you're a custom guy. If there's anyway to customize the shit out of it I'd say get on it. That or stick with your old blog. It was simple and put the focus on your work and the great photography you use.

Ideally I would like something like YOUR site! Simple and custom. I lack web skills. :(

I'm learning, but I needed something immediately to get my work out there.

Any advice on places to get some self teaching webtools?

Bonniebret

Rocker
Ideally I would like something like YOUR site! Simple and custom. I lack web skills. :(

I'm learning, but I needed something immediately to get my work out there.

Any advice on places to get some self teaching webtools?

Thanks! That was a collaborative effort between my partner and a I. I'm an old school print guy who is trying to play catch up now and it's proving to be brutal. I did the Lynda.com Dreamweaver course and it was really helpful. I also took a course at a community college but the Lynda.com was better.

In all fairness I don't have a site for my personal work but I do have samples on Creativehotlist.com. That seems to work for me until I figure out what I want to do. Feel free to email me if you want to commiserate.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
CreativeHotlist?

Ive never given it more than glance. Is it worth setting up?

Also, i took a class at the CC and it sucked. Ill try the Lynda.com soon. Ive always gotten work from word of mouth... Going out and seeking is problematic and CraigsList is a hot mess.

whyme

TT Racer
OK designer, to designer, to designer. I'm old school print too. Now I'm starting Final Cut Pro/in-house video dept....lots of fun-FCP is intense. Used Lynda.com great stuff. I bought a lot of the discs for the staff here. The best way for me was that I paid a real editor to sit with me for 2 days of one on one training, but that was company money.

Your designs are nice.....website...ehh. But you can always change it later as your learn Dreamweaver.
Good luck in a tough field!!! Get yourself hooked up with a good creative temp agency and a rep.

AceT100

Rocker
The brass he did for the modified came out flawless!!! He burned that for days - literally.

Also, he said the only thing that's left for it is the brakes... He will drive it to work Monday.

Did you see pictures on the HAMB?

I've been following the build from day 1...saw it at Billetproof last summer too, awesome little car.