Help Advice On Mirrors Bonneville 09/10 SE

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Gday all I am after a little advice on what mirrors I should get for my new bonneville 09/10 SE. I don't like the look of mirrors on the handlebar ends like the thruxton look, so I don't want to go down that road. Where can I get some trick looking mirrors and what other modifications will I need to make to fit them. Feel free to post some pics of your bikes with your choice of mirror on this may make my decision easier. There is a Pic of my bike below for reference. Thanks guys and safe riding to you all I appreciate your help.:):worthy:

Attachments

• IMGP0561.jpg
    IMGP0561.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Ben, IMHO the standard mirrors are fine.
I have standard mirrors on my '02 Bonnie. They're rock steady & the round mirror looks right for the bike. But, in saying that, I am an old fart and go for the "old" look.

strokerlmt

The stock are rock steady........If you don't want bar ends look at RIZOMO but watch out for da price ;-))).... Lately I have gone for CRG's bar ends with a small JOCKER mirror on the left just because I like a little easier view on the left.
LMT

I used a pair of Honda 10mm Mirrors Part # 88120-333-611 & Part # 88110-333-611 these screw in the original location but are shorter & with out the rubber covers.The stock Triumph T100 mirrors will not fit a SE Triumph.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Stock Bonnie stalks with Yamaha mirrors. They're a bit wider, which makes seeing behind you all that much better.

Klinkmirrors1.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder
The SE Triumph mirrors mount different then the T100 Triumph.

Yeah ... thinking they're using the old Thruxton mirrors on the SE model. Sorry - no advice - other than maybe re-think your no bar end mirrors? Use the forum's SEARCH feature and it should give you quite a few pictures to googily over.

for reference ...

ry%3D400

whyme

TT Racer
I bought some oval ones on ebay. Didn't get them yet..not sure if I'll like them but they were only 25 bucks. Originally 70 on new bonneville. I'll put em up here for 25 if I don't like them and go with bar ends. The guy said they had slight scratches in the left mirror but you can't even notice them or even get a picture of it.

MuckSavage

Scooter
Because I have nothing to really add, save for another pic of my baby, here she is with her napoleon bar ends.

(first gen iphone crappy pic, sorry)

img0042aat.jpg

Granted, the stock mirrors on my 2008 Bonnie black are not the best looking but I worked with them and have excellent vision to the rear now. Performance is better than looks, finagle with them and the stock mirrors may grow on ya, especially when you get them set right for good vision to the rear.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
When I put the barends on my Black it was like night & day. Ist time I had a good look at what was behind me. I would not go back to handlebar mount.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Granted, the stock mirrors on my 2008 Bonnie black are not the best looking but I worked with them and have excellent vision to the rear now. Performance is better than looks, finagle with them and the stock mirrors may grow on ya, especially when you get them set right for good vision to the rear.

After your advice and other peoples I played with my mirrors and found they provide great vision now and I am happy with them, considering there are not many nice asthetic options other than the addition to the handlebars I will keep them stock thanks heaps for your advice.
Ben Dickens:worthy::headbang2:

KingBear

Hooligan
Stock Bonnie stalks with Yamaha mirrors. They're a bit wider, which makes seeing behind you all that much better.
That's exactly what I did, using Virago mirrors from Emgo on the factory stalks. The mirror is effectively extended by about one inch which makes a good deal of difference seeing around your own elbows. The stock mirrors just look too much like
mouse_ears.jpg