Helmets

Skeeter

Rocker
was a white HCI helmet and then had my buddy paint it blue to match the thruxx. im gonna get it pin striped on the back soon

helmet-1.jpg

ssjones

750cc
I used to wear this daily, but retired it for a Snell/Dot 3/4 helmet for safety. The only thing this would do in an accident is leave a colorful mark on the road. I confess that I had it on for a short ride this week, when temps neared 100 degrees.

Maryland is cracking down on non-DOT helmets this month, so it's more than just dangerous to wear......

Insterereo

Two Stroke
I honestly dont think half shells do much, if ANYTHING as far as protection goes. My girlfriends brother is a CHP officer and he says usually after an accident they just use the helf shell to scoop the brains into. sorry to rain on the parade =/

Mayor08

Scooter
Nexx Helmet

I purchased a Nexx Vintage Helmet back in February at the bike show when it came through town and am very pleased with it. It's a 3/4 style with a visor very comfortable and stylish too. They make quite a few different styles both open face and full face helmets with several color option in each specific style. I'd never seen this brand of helmety before the bike show and I am very pleased with my purchase. Check them out maybe there is one for you.

http://www.nexx-usa.com/Scripts/default.asp

KingBear

Hooligan
I honestly dont think half shells do much, if ANYTHING as far as protection goes. My girlfriends brother is a CHP officer and he says usually after an accident they just use the helf shell to scoop the brains into. sorry to rain on the parade =/
Yeah, but isn't it odd that most cops seem to wear a 1/2 helmet of some sort!

neuroboy

750cc
i just did something i'd never do and dropped coin on a vector (arai). it got matte silver and i'm looking for some decal ideas. . . coach lines? checkerboard strips? what about painting? how would one go about getting the script below stamped on the back of the helmet?

deathlessdude2_item.jpg

hope i'm not hijacking. . . thought it might dredge up some cool ideas about helmet decoration. much like our bikes, it'd be cool to the the helmet my own.

ssjones

750cc
I said as much, "The only thing this would do in an accident is leave a colorful mark on the road." Arcticsea asked for interesting helmets, not necessarily effective ones.

i just did something i'd never do and dropped coin on a vector (arai). it got matte silver and i'm looking for some decal ideas. . . coach lines? checkerboard strips? what about painting? how would one go about getting the script below stamped on the back of the helmet?

deathlessdude2_item.jpg

hope i'm not hijacking. . . thought it might dredge up some cool ideas about helmet decoration. much like our bikes, it'd be cool to the the helmet my own.

find a sign/graphics shop and have 'em cut it out of outdoor grade vinyl. A friend of mine had some decals made for his bike at a sign shop and they've held up well. They didn't cost too much either.

Gretsch

Rocker
find a sign/graphics shop and have 'em cut it out of outdoor grade vinyl. A friend of mine had some decals made for his bike at a sign shop and they've held up well. They didn't cost too much either.

That's what I did for the letters on my pedestrian slicer. Works great.

Insterereo

Two Stroke
if i ever bought a vector i'd probably just get the phil read. I looked at the scorpians, ended up buying a dot/snell HJC.

kingbear - actually this blows me away. moto cops here wear half shells and short sleeve shirts. WTF? and the big outdated rain looking boots. seems kind of archaic imo. and why are they stuck on sit up and beg style bikes? i want to see a ducati gt1000 cop moto.mmmmmm

I'm looking for a more stylish helmet than my standard, black full face. Any suggestions?

I saw these italian ones that look really cool. They're very retro looking. Made by Cromwell or Momo? There's also a Ducati helmet made by Cromwell that is really cool looking.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
My Daily rider...
I painted this back when I painted the Red Oxide on the Bonnie...it was bright silver...gave it some scuff to give it a worn look...
DSC05271.jpg

NewLid007.jpg

NewLid006.jpg

Here is the 'Sporty' Summer helmet I did last Winter...Not really dig'n it anymore, time to change it.
Birthdaydinner037-1.jpg

Birthdaydinner039-1.jpg

Then there is the 'Tacky' helmet, my favorite...I wear it proudly! Mud Flap girls and my favorite saying...
9608019.jpg

All the art work stencils were custom ordered from LowBrow.com, the SoCal decals are from their local shop...

Now go Make something!!!!