Helmet microphones

My friend was interested in buying some kind of headset that would allow him to talk to other riders that are using the same headset. I was useless, but I told him I'd ask you folks on here if you knew of any good products? Thanks!

marthruxton

Two Stroke
I know my comments are not directly related to the topic. I apologise for that.
I have never wanted any sort of ear piece with music or someone talking to me. When I am riding, it is ALONE time. I concentrate on what I am doing and just clear my mind. Should someone need to say something to me they can reach me, (mabye) on the phone or just talk to me when I stop.
I have always felt that this alone time is one of the advantages of my hobby.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
... I'm looking at the Chatterbox system...

We use Chatterbox. We've got the bike-to-bike system, non-bluetooth (because we didn't have bluetooth phones then). Works pretty well - we tried the helmet mounted bracket for the radio but it looked so goofy, we put the radios in our tank bags. We both run full-face helmets, but with no windscreen, the road and wind noise above about 70mph makes it hard to hear. But you can certainly hear enough to know to slow down to chat. Range varies depending on terrain, but out on the flats we got almost 7 miles. It's pretty cool to coordinate interstate truck passing, etc., especially at night when you cannot see your riding partner.

Bonnielass informs me she's got a product review of the system here somewhere.... in reviews perhaps???

sgt brad

Scooter
x2 on the scala multiset. did a 3600 mile trip with a buddy and they work great. ran out of battery only 2x and that was because we forgot to fully charge them the night before.

Shamus

Scooter
My buddy and I use the cheap Motocomm system which can be used with the FRS radios. You know the ones, the Motorola or Midland family walkie talkie style radios. We started using them on ATV trips to warn each other about hazards and turns when we were spread out from dust. We decided to use them for MC rides because my buddy would miss turns and it would take me miles to get his attention to turn around. The radios work well below 75mph, but wind noise makes it hard to hear everything above that. You can, like someone else said hear enough to slow down if you need to hear better. For $50 for the system plus another $35 if you want to incorporate your music into the system, it was a good way for us to go.

Rick