Hello from Los Angeles

scrib74

Scooter
My name is Scott. I recently purchased by first Bonneville Thruxton. It's a special edition 2010, though the frame and registration say 2011. The dealer said there were a few that were finished late. Absolutely love this bike already. I've had sport bikes up until this point, most recently a Daytona 675 up until a few years ago, when I thought I should count my blessings for staying safe all these years and sell her. Of course I've been wanting another bike since then. Finally went looking recently and maybe I'm getting old or my tastes are maturing but I really started to come around to this classic style. Just getting to know the Thruxton and would appreciate suggestions or things to consider or look out for or what not. I've been scrolling through the boards the last few days and appreciate all the photos. Thinking about what my first mod will be. Gel seat? 2-in-1 Arrow Exhaust? Shocks? Suggestions welcome.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

koifarm

Hooligan
Welcome aboard!

Welcome Scott, nice looking Thrux, great color combo, just needs some riding....
Enjoy the board, you'll find lots of stuff to see, don't be afraid to post pictures whenever, and the search window is your best friend.

:welcome:

:sidecar:
koifarm

Bonniebret

Rocker
Welcome aboard! Nice looking bike. (Lose the sticker on the tank)What part of LA are you in?

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Welcome!! Lovely Thrux. Get a few miles under your posterior and you will know what you want to do with it. I have no regrets with my 07 Black, so I hope you won't either.

The motor is bullet-proof. The suspenders could be better. The exhaust needs to be noisier. Just food for thought.

If you're only riding solo, lose the rear pegs. They're a stylistic distraction. A couple of bucks and a couple of minutes is all it takes.

Bullitt

Two Stroke
Welcome scrib. They're a lot of fun aren't they?

I suggest making your bike look like this (ThruxtonSE's bike):
Thrux-Sick.jpg

That exhaust is amazing!!

wobblygong

Street Tracker
A big WELCOME from Down Unda, Scott. Wise choice to go for a Trumpie.
Suggestions, re the seat....don't bother with Gel seat. Not an appreciable difference from standard seat on Thrux.
Re the silencers...for best sound, go for Staintune Reverse cones. A bit more expensive than others but, IMHO, the best sound.
Re shocks, one word, upgrade!

Just sayin'

Wobbly