Heat Problems with High Pipes on Scram?

slowgator

750cc
My riding bud rides an '07 Scram with low miles (@10K) and recently had Arrows installed. On a group ride last week, his Scram died and had to be towed to a dealer in Tallahassee. Only one cylinder is firing.

Upon initial inspection, the mechanic suspects a coil. My bud is thinking the high pipes are generating too much heat close to the electrical and fuel system and all of his rubber electrical components are deteriorating.

I told him I never heard this theory or problem here on the forum but would post it up for any responses.

Appreciate any and all responses.

DIRK

750cc
I think he has been thinking too much. If this (high pipe) was causing issues then all the scrams would have theses issues.

LoVel

Two Stroke
I have never heard of an issue with the high pipes causing too much heat. I have heard of Triumph rubber parts falling afreakingpart.

My riding bud rides an '07 Scram with low miles (@10K) and recently had Arrows installed. On a group ride last week, his Scram died and had to be towed to a dealer in Tallahassee. Only one cylinder is firing.

Upon initial inspection, the mechanic suspects a coil. My bud is thinking the high pipes are generating too much heat close to the electrical and fuel system and all of his rubber electrical components are deteriorating.

I told him I never heard this theory or problem here on the forum but would post it up for any responses.

Appreciate any and all responses.

I had a similar problem with my '06 Scrambler. The problem was the CDI box. It failed and caused only one cylinder to fire. I had the stock pipes on at the time so this resulted in gas passing through the non-firing cylinder then burning in the exhaust pipe like a blast furnace. The thing was glowing red hot. I replaced the CDI with an aftermarket version from Procom for half the price of the Triumph unit and it has worked just fine through two seasons.

More details in my thread here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781512

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Since you say he recently added the pipes I wonder if the incorrect code was keyed when it was mapped? Or perhaps mapped incorrectly causing the misfire? I would think that could be diagnosed easily by a dealer or someone with the software.

I have never had any issues with my arrow pipe and the headers have never gotten any hotter than any other bike I have owned.

strokerlmt

Just road my new version of my bike dual sort scrambler 250 miles north for thanksgiving at my sister in laws. I have a high arrow system and it was just fine no heat problems.
Lmt

07 Scram

Have this similar problem. Not a pipe issue, I have the arrow 2 into one with the baffle out. Bike runs fine for 15 minutes then just shuts off and can't start it. If i let it cool for 15 minutes, she'll start again. Replaced the coils and still the same. I've ordered the ignition sensor, hoping this fixes the problem. If not the ECU/CDI/ignitor will be the next thing to replace.