HealTech gear indicator

zman24

Scooter
Hi again All

Has anyone fitted a Healtech GIpro X-Type Gear indicator with the GPX-WSS
on a T100 EFI with mechanical speedo ( mine is a 2008 )

chaZ:D

Beiciwr

Scooter
This doesn't answer your question, I'm afraid, but I had one of those on my last bike - a Bandit 1250. Because it was faired (and there was lots of plastic on it) it was a simple task to hide the wiring from one end to the other.
I'm interested in the answer to your question, but even if it is possible (and the maker's website appears to indicate that it is), it would be difficult/impossible to hide the wiring and keep the display subtle.
Moreover, the Bandit had 6 gears; I have far less of a problem keeping track of the Bonnie's 5 !!

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
That's a good point about hiding the wiring.
I sorted out this problem to a large extent by upping the size of my front sprocket - far less hunting for sixth gear which is not easy to find on a Bonneville.:brit:

zman24

Scooter
This doesn't answer your question, I'm afraid, but I had one of those on my last bike - a Bandit 1250. Because it was faired (and there was lots of plastic on it) it was a simple task to hide the wiring from one end to the other.
I'm interested in the answer to your question, but even if it is possible (and the maker's website appears to indicate that it is), it would be difficult/impossible to hide the wiring and keep the display subtle.
Moreover, the Bandit had 6 gears; I have far less of a problem keeping track of the Bonnie's 5 !!

YUP Totally sorted Made a bracket from 1mm stainless really neat and tidy even if I do say myself wiring no problem :D:D:D

zman24

Scooter
Hi fellow Celt:scooter:

Suppose I can now answer my own question:bug::D:D
Wiring is almost hidden apart from an exposed bit going to the WSS which is bolted to the rear of the chain guard securing point The WSS is pointed at the bolts on the rear chain sprocket.( none of this is necessary if you have an electric odometer )
None of the wiring is exposed at the side nor the front of the bike
The display is very subtly positioned with no visible wires showing.( custom made bracket )

Once you have located the tacho signal wire in the headlamp and a pos & neg
connection the rest is simple

Healtech supply for most bikes and variants check out youtube
I have had Gear Indicators on various bikes over the years and probably would have one on a scooter if I had one ,after all it is just a very useful GADGET ...Five or six gears who cares :fart::rocks::rocks: