Headlight Upgrade Results

this pertains to an '07 Bonneville so may be irrelevant to later years.

a few weekends back I replaced the shitty plastic headlight globe with a Hella 1058 unit. these are the real deal, made of metal and glass and fit in the headlight bucket like a glove. but beware they are for riding on the left hand side of the road and dip to the left. dont know what the Hella number is for RH dipping

the old globe that came out was burnt where the bulb is held and the plastic tabs to hold the bulb in place were broken,. a real cheap piece of shit

next fitted a relay kit made up of two 20A Panasonic relay and the main wire that is run direct from the battery is 14 gage Yazaki copper wire in lieu of the hopelessy thin wire that was run thru the Hi and Lo beam switch. Eastern Beever has the kit already wired up with the relays and is well worth it

now the Hi and Lo switch is just used to switch the relays and with the heavier wire direct to the bulb means there is little voltage drop which equates to a lot more lumens

also upgraded the bulb to a Philips extreme vision plus,, for even more brightness

before hand I used to leave the light on Hi beam and oncoming vehicles barely noticed, now I get flashed even in broad daylight if the Hi beam is left on

I know there has been a lot of talk about LED upgrades but this did it for me