Headlight size

gcrider

Street Tracker
I'm looking to upgrade the headlight on my Scram. I know it's smaller than the Bonnie, but not sure of the exact size. I'm out of town for a couple of weeks and can't get to my bike to take a measurement. Can someone tell me what the diameter is on the reflector/lens unit? I know it takes an H4 bulb.

Also, I seem to remember there being a separate small bulb in the bottom of the housing. Is there, or am I imagining things?

Thanks!

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
the small light is a parking lamp, it looks better f you change to a yellow bulb
it only works when the key is in the park positoin, well it is always on but you can't see it

Iceseven

750cc
GC, the number 6 7/8" pops in my head but would be good if someone can confirm this. Good idea on the small bulb, I will try yellow.

gcrider

Street Tracker
GC, the number 6 7/8" pops in my head but would be good if someone can confirm this. Good idea on the small bulb, I will try yellow.

I thought the Bonnie H/L was 7" and the Scrammie was smaller. I'm looking at the Daniel Stern Lighting site, and was thinking that the 5-3/4" was the right size, but being away from home I can't confirm.

Thanks for the confirmation on the parking light. That helps narrow down the options on the replacement reflector/lens.

Gc,your sizes are correct,I believe.

Anyone who hasn't checked out the Danial Stern site should do so.Lots of good info about why blue lighting is not the hot set-up.(Which I have been trying to tell people for ages)

Cheers!
Bruce

My zennon has a blue light, but it it's in clear glass, & it lights the road like a Police helicopter searchlight, which is something the old yellow glow-worm never did.

fender

Street Tracker
Anyone who hasn't checked out the Danial Stern site should do so.Lots of good info about why blue lighting is not the hot set-up.(Which I have been trying to tell people for ages)

I contacted Daniel Stern about improving the lighting on my Bonnie and here is what he put together for me:

• a 7" Cibie lens-reflector unit
  • Osram 70/65w H4 bulb.
It was well spent money as the headlight pattern and throw were much improved. The low beam is actually useful and there is light thrown to the sides also. No more yellow glow-worm, it's bright white.

Last edited:

Iceseven

750cc
I just measured mine and it seemed like 5.5" across for the reflector, I have a wire guard so I can't get a tape right on the glass.

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
The opening for the lens is 5 3/4 in. The lens itself is 5 1/2 in. There is a little gap between the lens and the rim. The outside of the rim is 6 1/2 in. Hope this is not confusing.