heading to London, UK for a few days - Ace Cafe or pass?

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Heading to London for a few days and I convinced the wife that we need to get to the Ace Café. Its a bit out of the way and about 45 mins on the tube from where we are staying.

Is it worth it or just another tourist trap and t-shirt-buying-souvenir stand or truly a "do not miss it" kinda place?

P.S. I already have the t-shirt

I was in England a while back and had planned for months to hit up the Triumph factory. The day came, I was tired, said to the wife "Let's just stroll around London." I said to her yesterday that we did not make the most of our trip to Europe.

My advice; go everywhere you think you might want to go even the tiniest bit. You'll regret it if you don't.

squidsix

Scooter
It's a cool place. There's a lot of stuff you are not expecting. One night I was there, and about 1200 teenagers with horrible slammed and poorly painted Honda Civics were all round the place. It seems it's the motoring hotspot, even for folks with terrible taste.
Recommendation: Go for lunch during the week. More old timers there then, and they are way cooler.

brass

Two Stroke
If ya went to Amsterdam, would ya miss out on a bowl of hash and a piece of storefront ass!???

I, WOULD NOT!

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
The Ace is a great place to go. I would make a monthly trip down there when I was stationed there. Get the proper English breakfast plate...un-fucking-believably delicious!

Flaco

750cc
Do it for me!
That's where "Cafe Racing" began!
Nuff said…
Hope you make it…
Take pic's and post 'em…

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Whether you think it's neat or not, you have to go. Just because for the rest of your life you can lord it over people who will never have the chance to see the historical place in person.

My brother & his wife were over in London and I threatened him with bodily harm if he didn't go there and get some geegaws for me. he complied and I got cool stuff and he got the experience.

Roger

Street Tracker
Just because for the rest of your life you can lord it over people who will never have the chance to see the historical place in person.

^Ya. Pretty much that.

...threatened him with bodily harm if he didn't go there and get some geegaws for me.

HAHAHAHA

Its a bit out of the way and about 45 mins on the tube from where we are staying.

P.S. I already have the t-shirt

Only 45 mins to Stonebridge. The tube ride alone would be an experience. It can't get much easier. For entertainment, take some HD shirts with you and sell them to riders on the train. < HUH?

And you can't have enough t-shirts from the Ace Cafe.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Last time I was in Sydney I caught the bus out to Newtown to visit Deus. It was a PITA to get there by public transport and I don't like Sydney at the best of times, but it was worth the hassle to visit Deu Ex Machina. Had a great coffee, saw some amazing bikes, and bought some t-shirts.

If anyone is visiting Sydney I can strongly recommend a visit to Deus. Not many Triumphs but a great place for a cafe racer to go.

bonZa

Street Tracker
go there even just to say you've been there. using the Tube in London is fantastic and a great experience in itself. last time I was there I caught the tube to Lewis Leathers, another great experience and came home with a Lewis jacket

jhillier71

Street Tracker
the night I was planning to be go is H-D night. I might have to make a change and do a daytime visit-- Harley night - seriously??? Of all nights it has to be Harley night, arrrrgh?

Mr.Noisy

Scooter
the night I was planning to be go is H-D night. I might have to make a change and do a daytime visit-- Harley night - seriously??? Of all nights it has to be Harley night, arrrrgh?

Ha ha! Triumph night is the 2nd Wednesday of each month.

Let me know when you are going, might pop in!

monty

Street Tracker
Yep, as already been said, do the lunch time. Might just bump into some originals there.

Avoid the Harvey night at all costs. Just a bunch of blokes, dressed like gay pirates, on tractors.

If you get the chance, pop into Jack Lilley, Triumph Dealers....

Monty

jhillier71

Street Tracker
I'm back from my trek and needless to say it was worth it. One of the highlights of my trip for sure. Though the Tower of London was a great visit as well!

The wife and I took the tube last Sunday morning and quite easily found the café. Get off at Stonebridge take a right out of the station and a right at the end of the road...simple. Though the parking lot was full of H-D's and some cannibalistic frankensteined trikes it was a treat to soak up a parking lot full of bikes and have a spot of tea with about 100 -150 bikers. Grabbed some swag and made our way back to the airport, the 7 hr flight to Canuckland and a -15 Celcius day....c'mon Spring!!!! :motorbike2:

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Glad you had a good time.

What did you get?

Monty

A lg Rockers patch and a small ace café round patch, and of course a t-shirt! It was a cool place and I loved the vibe! Now if only we can get the thruxtons out hey Monty!