Has Any One Else Had These Problems with their Street Twin?

PhantomII

Scooter
rbirkey, I have taken it to the dealer every time the last time I took it there they said I needed new spark plugs I changed the plugs and guess what it still stalls out so this past week i went riding around and this time it lost power and the gas mileage went from 60 mpg down to 39 mpg, I limped it into the nearest Triumph dealer and even though they have a Triumph sign they said they could no longer do warranty work but said they could diagnose it for me. They said the right cylinder had 135 psi and the left only had 50 they pulled the valve cover and showed me the #1 left exhaust valve looked bent and said I would have to take it to another Triumph dealer to get it fixed so I limped it to the dealer that i bought it from and the did their own diagnostics and first they said it was the spark plugs so I handed them 2 brand new ones still had problem, then they said it was the 02 sensors so they swapped them still no fix, now they think it's the fuel injectors, at this point I'm really getting frustrated and I ask them hey did you check the compression because the other used to be dealer said there was an issue with the #1 cylinder they relied no and said there little computer says it's a fuel issue so my response was hey if the #1 cylinder is so low on compression and can't ignite the fuel wouldn't your little computer show a high fuel content being blown out to the #1 02 sensor? Like I said in a previous post we have no reputable dealer/service in Tampa all of the mods were installed by the dealer and all available maps for the mods have been done these problems have nothing to do with the ECU these are mechanical issues, so right now I am down for at least 2 weeks according to my dealer so they can contact Triumph America to find out if a 1 and 1/2 year old bike is under warranty, all I can say is I wouldn't buy another Street Twin or even buy another Triumph if it is this hard to get work done.

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Devin,

Well, I guess if this Street Twin were mine, and I had all the problems you have had, along with poor service from your dealer... I would be going above their heads and engage directly with Triumph North America in Atlanta. Thay have a web page for this purpose located here: http://triumph.force.com/liveAgentS...-consumer&utm_campaign=testride&utm_term=18q2

CONTACTING TRIUMPH

Triumph Motorcycles America
100 Hartsfield Centre Parkway, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30354
(678) 854-2010

Triumph's 24/7 Support:
To speak with a Triumph Motorcycles customer service representative:

Call (888) 284-6288
Email [email protected]

PhantomII

Scooter
Are they part of the government shutdown? I called their 800 number and all it did was ring for almost 30 minutes then it went into a voicemail and still no callback. If memory serves wasn't it s#!tty customer service that killed off Triumph 1.0? I'm at the point where all i want them to do is get it running good enough so i can ride it over to Yamaha or Suzuki so i can trade it in on something else.

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
I am very surprised this doesn't work. You could call their main office number at (678) 854-2010 and inquire as to why the 888 number isn't working, and/or ask them to connect you with that department.

PhantomII

Scooter
Well I ended up trading in the Street Twin the dealer worked out a decent deal and I picked up a 2017 T120, the Street Twin dropped a valve and now it's their problem to solve.

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Well, I hope this turns into a better experience for you. I have a friend who has the T120 which he likes very much. I've added a photo. His side panel is signed by Peter Eagan, one of the founding members of the Slimey Crud Motorcycle Gang (SCMG). See http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/

Attachments

• davids-t120.jpg
    davids-t120.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: