Has any body had broken swing arm bushes before?

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Hi all, I have just removed the swing arm from my 06 T100 and noticed that the right hand side swing arm pivot bush inserts (the ones pressed in the gear box housing) has for some reason sustained damage to the outer flange, with some pieces having broken away and what is remaining has hair line cracks running to the outer edge.

Is this something that any member has experienced before. I am really wondering the cause as the bike only has 36,000klm's on it and everything seem to be OK when being disassembled. I am yet to have a really good look at possible causes or any resultant damage but I will when I get back on the bike in the morning, I think I will remove and replace both bushes for peace of mind. The only thing I am thinking at the moment is an over zealous employee at Triumph with a hammer and the wrong size Drift?? Might be something worth checking on your own bike.

IMG_3878_zps1005a1aa.jpg

This is the undamaged LHS

IMG_3879_zpsb9c2b382.jpg

LHS again
IMG_3880_zpseb730b87.jpg

THe damaged Bush/insert on the RHS

strokerlmt

Wow........I have had the swingarm off 3 different Bonnevilles and I have never seen anything like that. That had to have happened during assembly as you think.
LMT

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Someone rattle gunned the swing arm thru bolt on,probably ride a bit better without it being bound up.

I just had a quick look at the bike and this side of the swing arm with the damaged bush/insert has needle roller bearings with a removable bearing sleeve where the other side has sealed bearings with two spacers. The bush/insert does not sit on a shoulder in the crankcase/gearbox casing relying on the flange to locate it when fitted. So as KLR has mentioned the pivot bolt has been done up at some stage too tight (spec is 110nm) which would have compressed the outer spacer onto the bearing sleeve forcing the bush/insert in further because there is no shoulder to stop it resulting in cracking the flange. The other side bush/insert also appears to have a slight edge to it as if the both sides have been compressed in by being over tightened. The swing arm still pivoted fine because this was felt after the shocks were removed. I bought the bike with 7000klm's on and it appeared to be a bike that had not been pulled apart before so I am assuming this was done at the factory. Something to keep an eye out for.