Harley GB1200R

fender

Street Tracker
Saw this when I was looking for inspiration for my winter project...

image002.jpg

The full build can be found here.

If you browse through the rest of the Laine Family Web Site he's got some other interesting builds he's done also along with ride reports.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Pretty cool projects on his site. The above is nice but the Z8 is awesome, talk about a sleeper. We have to get him to post in the "Man Space during Winter" thread.

fender

Street Tracker
The stock sportster is much leaner looking. I found his site while searching for vintage looking builds and paint schemes.

D9 I like the one you posted.

His Z8 project was really well done, wish I had the space and the funds to do something like that.

drlapo

Hooligan
with HD earnings down 80+% and the market flooded with repossesed Harleys I'm looking for a 2002 or 2003 1200S: throw away the wheels, suspension, exhaust, tank, seat , fenders and build a bike somewhat similar to the GB1200
not another street tracker

why can't Harley get the fuel tank to fit on a Sportster?

DandyDoug

750cc
I have my sweet 2004 RoadKing Custom up for sale, you could buy it, use the motor ( a stock carbureted one) then sell off the rest of the bike in bits .

You would probably make enough to cover all your build costs on the hot rod you want to make.
Just a thought.

drlapo

Hooligan
I have my sweet 2004 RoadKing Custom up for sale, you could buy it, use the motor ( a stock carbureted one) then sell off the rest of the bike in bits .

You would probably make enough to cover all your build costs on the hot rod you want to make.
Just a thought.

Sportsters are selling for less than $4000 around here

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I'm waiting for these to hit around $5k:

2009 Harley Davidson Sportster Nightster 1200XL Stage 3 perfomance!! - $7000

07black&red

Two Stroke
Yeah. I have to admit I really like what they've done with the nightster. In fact, I was set to buy an 07 in the army green but it fell through. Turns out the title was in the dude's wife's name and she didn't know he was trying to sell it!!! Bad juju

drlapo

Hooligan
I went to the Harley website, maybe I was missing something
nope, not one bike that I would pay $1 for
when will HD learn that not all motorcyclists are 14 year old boys or 80 year old codgers?
I'm 60 so I'm too old for the "look at me, badass" choppers and too young for a "Glide"
I'll stick with my Thruxton and Speed Triple

TC_Dick

TT Racer
really, you like the nightster?? (knobster)
OH BOY talk about a generation gap

I think they are way overpriced/valued, but yeah, i like the look of 'em. Sue me.. I'd prefer them to have a more neutral seating position, closer to the bike that started this thread, but harley doesn't really make a neutral seater.

drlapo

Hooligan
I think they are way overpriced/valued, but yeah, i like the look of 'em. Sue me.. I'd prefer them to have a more neutral seating position, closer to the bike that started this thread, but harley doesn't really make a neutral seater.

I hope they bring back a "regular" Sportster like the Roadster
but then again I already have 6 (OK, only 5 are running) bikes so I probably won't buy one anyway
:yawn:

07black&red

Two Stroke
Mid 30's here and the nightster was the 1st Harley I've ever even considered spending money on. Buddy let me tool around on his for a week and I was impressed. That prompted me to test ride an 09 dyna super glide and I gotta tell ya: the whole gay pirate thing never appealed to me in the least but that is one smooth, powerful ride. 96 ci with a 6-speed tranny...... had I the money to burn I wouldn't be ashamed to park one of 'em next to the Bonnie

my old man has an '09 Street Glide loaded to the gills. That 96'' twin cam motor with the 6 speed is a good combo. He paid about 23k for it. That's a lot of damn money for a bike. It's nice but I'm not rich enough for that.