Happpy New Year

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Just yesterday I put in stabil, drained the carbs and got the bikes ready for storage, however today is in the 50's and sunny. We have not had real snow and hence no sand or salt. So I fired up the Bonneville, bundlled up and rode down to my local beer store , where we had a nice visit. Got some Blue Moon Wheat and Sam Adams Coastal Wheat fitted into the saddlebags. Pretty good for Dec. 31.

A couple days ago we went into the city to Rockefeller Center. I took this picture from the Top of the Rock. As close as I am getting to Times Square. Under the red arrow is Times Square and you can see the 2011 on the sign.

DSCN0009TS.jpg

Happpy New Year.

Last edited:
Cool pic! I'm about to go for a ride too, but here we can pretty much always ride year round. It's sunny and warm here, with a high of 75.

tribear

Street Tracker
I'm envious. Currently 29 degrees and snow bound in spud country. No riding but lots of wrenching which is quite good in its own right.
Happy New Year guys.

koifarm

Hooligan
Same to you Sal, Happy New Year to you and your family....
It's 73 and sunny here, took a nice 150 miler this noon and lots of bikers on the road, the town is packed with touristas, good thing to avoid and I will....
Enjoy the evening.....that wheat beer sounds good.....I'm a fan of Dos Equis dark m'self and keep it cold and handy...
Isn't NYC an amazing place? Heard on NPR that folks gather two or three days ahead to get a good place. Apparently they have "corrals" for folks and once you enter on the eve you cannot leave unless they carry you out on a gurney......
I'm happy to live in the rural scene.....

Trebo

Scooter
A Happy and Safe New Year everyone. Got into the upper 70's here in Southern California today. Enjoyed a nice ride this morning, and am planning on heading out again tomorrow morning while everyone is sleeping in. While winterizing your motorcycle is not something that I'd want to do, I am envious of those of you living in rural places with seasonal scenery. Hope Your New Year is a good one. Trebo.

Heard on NPR that folks gather two or three days ahead to get a good place. Apparently they have "corrals" for folks and once you enter on the eve you cannot leave unless they carry you out on a gurney......
I'm happy to live in the rural scene.....

Yeah, fuck that!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
NYC if you've never been, well there is no place like it. Its amazing. Mind blowing. I remember when I moved out of NYC it took me a while to comprehend that I couldn't go out for Thai food at 3 AM. In NYC every type of restaraunt and bar are open 24 hrs a day.You can get any type of live music too. I literally forgot that it's NOT like that other places.

But NYC is also a huge hassle. To each his own, but I would guess most New Yorkers stay out of TS during New Years. They are in a bar or party listening to a band blocks away. Times Sq. is mostly a tourist thing.

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
NYC if you've never been, well there is no place like it. Its amazing. Mind blowing. I remember when I moved out of NYC it took me a while to comprehend that I couldn't go out for Thai food at 3 AM. In NYC every type of restaraunt and bar are open 24 hrs a day.You can get any type of live music too. I literally forgot that it's NOT like that other places.

But NYC is also a huge hassle. To each his own, but I would guess most New Yorkers stay out of TS during New Years. They are in a bar or party listening to a band blocks away. Times Sq. is mostly a tourist thing.

This description right above is the very reason why the Hudson Valley is so freaking awesome. You are right above the city so you can enjoy what the city has to offer but go home to country quiet in an hour and let's not forget that whole region that the Hudson river slices through...beyond gorgeous!

Happy new year to you as well Sal; couple more years time and I might be joining you on the 40 degree New Year ride! The pastrami on rye with hot mustard at Katz' will be on me!!

koifarm

Hooligan
"The pastrami on rye with hot mustard at Katz' will be on me!!"

Oh, Yes ! I'll have one as well......mmmmmm

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
B06Tang,
You got it. But lets make it a 70 degree ride in the mountains.

They say man who knows only his home country, knows no country. Sounds like being away, beautiful as Japan is, is making you appreciate the Hudson Valley. Hopefully we will have some snow soon so we can go snowboarding at Hunter.

strokerlmt

Watched the ball drop from CAL in NY at 900pm asleep by 1000pm. Getting drunk and tired on the last day of the year is just not us. Everyone have a great 12 year.
LMT

monty

Street Tracker
A traditional Celtic blessing,

May you have -
Walls for the wind
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks bedside the fire
Laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire

Best wishes to all in 2012.............

Monty.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Very quiet New Years here in the Mile Hi. Well, there were two firework shows down town. One at 9. One at midnight. Go figure.

Sal I have to say something about the Hudson valley. It is a drop dead beautiful area. As a guy who grew up in the western plains it was a revelation to see the Hudson river. To me it's far more impressive than the Mississippi.

And I saw it in worst way possible, behind the wheel of a Semi.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
B06Tang,
You got it. But lets make it a 70 degree ride in the mountains.

They say man who knows only his home country, knows no country. Sounds like being away, beautiful as Japan is, is making you appreciate the Hudson Valley. Hopefully we will have some snow soon so we can go snowboarding at Hunter.

I don't think it is possible for that quote to hold anymore truth than what it already does! Concur 100%! I have lived in 16 different countries in the last 18 years but I still call myself a NY'er. I have family in Tokyo that have accepted me unconditionally. I have friends in the UK that I visit on an annual basis; I will always be connected to Japan and the UK but the Hudson Valley is home. I've traveled this globe on a full circle more than once and I have yet to see a river that inspires like the Hudson.

I will always miss Japan's mountainous beauty and how the people are courteous and respectful to each other. I am convinced that we could learn so much from them; as Americans were looting and stealing from each other after Katrina, the Japanese were standing in single file on their own to get the bare minimum of essential items from a convenient store so that the person behind you in line could get something as well. It was their respect to order that enabled the country to bounce back as quickly as it did.

And to Blighty...I'm convinced that it is indeed God's country and some of the best times of the last 18 years of my life were living there. From the history of everything around and the rolling, gorgeous hills of the West Midlands...I could see with my eyes the relationship of New York to that country. How roads were constructed, villages, farms...it is easy to see the influences that came over the pond and made the new country. A bacon bap on the side of the road with burger sauce and plenty of practice with turning as you hit the countless roundabouts...the UK was a biker's dream!!

But I'm ready to come home. I'm ready to hear my p-twin bellow out as the Hudson is to my side and I am ripping up 9W, not caring where the destination is going to be. I am glad and thankful for the opportunity to bring my two boys back there to raise them. The rural living that the Hudson Valley has to offer but also being a hop, skip and a jump from the city...it really is the best of both worlds. I have seen some fantastic places but now I'm ready to have a slice from Roma's and eat it on the bank of the Hudson on the first day of my return! :) We will definitely roll out and ride somewhere...I'm looking forward to it!

Demar

Two Stroke
Happy New and Safe Riding Year to everyone!

I had a great ride yesterday with my brother-in-law to the top of Mt. Hamilton, east of San Jose.

Attachments

• Mt Hamilton1.jpg
    Mt Hamilton1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Thats a beautiful picture. Doesn't look real.

I have a New years resolution to have more adventure next year. Some long rides, maybe bennington, kayaking and canoeing some rivers.

Anyone else have a new years resolution?

Demar

Two Stroke

I have a New years resolution to have more adventure next year. Some long rides, maybe bennington, kayaking and canoeing some rivers.

Thanks Sal,
My BIL took it. You can see the bottom of SF bay and the furthest visible land in the middle is San Francisco.

koifarm

Hooligan

+2 Sal, My canoe and bike are ready to go.....I just need to get in /on and them.....good thoughts for the New Year.....