drlapo

Hooligan
I got my 07 MX5 coming off a 2 year lease and saved $10,000+ off the new price
and still had a year on the warranty
the longer I have it the more I like it
and I just bought a 2014 Jeep so I'm still supporting the USA

DandyDoug

750cc
Put a Ford badge on it. Ford and Mazda collaborated for years on cars and shared chassis and drive trains. Keep looking you find one the NB series are good ones to look into. The NC ones even used are pricey.

I snuck a Volvo in 14 years ago, still have it and @ 139,000 miles it runs great, just a bit pricey if anything goes wrong.
I sold her on the Volvo as it was a Ford product at the time. Plus I was in rehab from a series of small strokes and a heart attack , was not sure if i was going to be able to drive again . Figured if she was going to be the driver i wanted/needed the safest thing i could buy around me for the inevitable crash.

She says she doesn't like the Volvo , it's an old man car .
I can't win :confused:

I am still confused on the MX5 nomenclature, NB, NC etc. I prefer the look of the ones that do not have the pop up head lamps though.

fender

Street Tracker
I am still confused on the MX5 nomenclature, NB, NC etc. I prefer the look of the ones that do not have the pop up head lamps though.

NA - Popup head lights plastic rear window sold between 1989-1998
NB - Fixed headlights glass rear window production 1999–2005
NC - Current model 2006 - present

The NA and NB are very similar mechanically differing mainly in front and rear facia and interior.

2KLBUP

Scooter
Doug...
I'm damned sorry to hear of your predicament, but as I have known you for nigh on ten years now, I understand. I clearly remember you had a tough time letting go of 2 wheels, and recall you coming back to the sport on a BMW.
You've had a tough break there, bud, but as Rich said, we still enjoy libations with you in the eves, and MV ought to be on your radar if you can muster the gumption to make it there annually.
At approximately 2/3rds your age, I have issues that cause me pain (I'm in construction) as I've worn out many of my parts prematurely, and I do not look forward to the future, as I know it will mean limiting my leisure activities.
That said, I can appreciate your decision, but I hope that you'll make an effort to occasionally reunite with us.
I darn sure wish that jacket would fit me, but with undergear, I need a 44, and I have freakishly long boxer's arms (36") so it's gotta be a long.
Regards-
RaZOr

I have decided to hang up my helmet and move on to another hobby , so I have some nice gear for sale.

Original Hein Gerike Dakar jacket , black , 3/4 length , size 40 comes with original liner in perfect condition, added a Tom the Tailor Zipper strip to allow a little more room as I aged.
The sleeves have the original snap cuffs removed and then trimmed with black leather by a professional tailor, ( they were a bit too long for me)
All zippers and snaps work perfectly, no rips, tears or other abrasions.
Has one classic Daytona 50th anniversary patch on left shoulder ( easily removed)
I have owned this jacket for 35 years and it looks as good today as when I bought it, I paid somewhere north of $400.00 back then.

Jacket is perfect candidate for a Rocker to be stylin :ride:

$100.00 shipped in CONUS.

DandyDoug

750cc
Thanks for the kind words :cheers:

After seeing the surgeon he determined that he could not help me. He said I have about the worst case of arthritis he has ever seen. He showed me a chart and I am totally off the scale with damage. There is no cure for arthritis so surgery is out.
He explained that almost everyone gets arthritis as they age, then add in all the damage to my body from living a very active lifestyle and you get the picture. At the moment I am on some very strong pain med's , they help a lot, just not sure how long I can stay on them though.
Plan to try some sports medicine clinic stuff soon, some people have good results with PT I am told. Plus I need to lose some weight , so that will help.

I always subscribed to three things in life, live fast, ride hard , and die early.
I got two out of three so that ain't all so bad. :woot:

Keep the rubber side down :cheers:

2KLBUP

Scooter
I hear you, Doug.
Those things are always tricky, and you'll never hear one word of grief from me about your predicament, or your solution to it. I have a few friends who've gotten to points in their lives where riding is simply no longer an option for them.

While you knock around the idea of getting an MX5, also consider a Porsche Boxter. They are similarly priced and are loads of fun. They also have a slightly higher power to weight ratio, and are extremely comfortable.