Had her check up today...

REVOLT

Street Tracker
:chin:So I took the Bonnie in for it's 12,000 mile service (actually 14,000ish), since nearly 95% of the items on Triumph's Service list was stuff I do every week and/or can do myself...I asked that they only check the valves (Me No likey messing with that), synch the carbs (Haven't ordered a MercTuner yet), and flush the brake fluid/refill...Ya, I know the brake flush is a piece of cake, but they gave me a hell of a deal for all three services and since I don't have a bleeder and don't plan on buying one for a flush every now and then, I had them do it. They did a Great Job...The carbs are definitely "N'Sync" (HA!) now, nice & smooth (Just like Justin T.)...the Brake fluid is all Fresh...and the Top End was, and I quote..."In really Great Shape, all within specs...". Now I was very excited to hear that...with all the changes I've done to this damn thing...exhaust swaps, jetting changes, pod filter changes, Dynos, and simply riding the shit out it every day...I really didn't know what to expect, but they said all the valves were in great shape, cam lobes, flux capacitor, unranium ion drive! Awesome! So when I went to pick'er up today after work...I started her up and went for a Great Northwestern Fall ride...ran better than ever...just felt Great! Riding to and from work everyday can take the "joy" out of riding...even though I'm riding everyday...it's for a purpose, getting to work/home, but when I get to just simply RIDE, it allows me to forget about all sorts of things and become entranced by that vertical twin and TT pipes. All for $180.00 out the door!! Money well spent!!

Cheers!
MONDO

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
:chin:I really didn't know what to expect, but they said all the valves were in great shape, cam lobes, flux capacitor,

Cheers!
MONDO

I had mine checked, I was just a little off 1.21 jigawatts, but the dealer worked their magic, and now I can do 88mph with no problem.

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Valves

People get rreally worked up about this valve thing @12k! I have seen more being good than not!

REVOLT

Street Tracker
People get rreally worked up about this valve thing @12k! I have seen more being good than not!

HA! I wasn't getting "worked up", Hell I waited 2,000 additional miles before taking her in, and although just about everyone that I talked to about the valves said they hardly ever need adjustment...It is a Great Piece of Mind!!:rocks:

I have said it before, my bike has never been back to the dealer and
my bike will never go back to the dealers.

I inspected the valves at 12.000 and all were within spec.
I checked them again at 21.000 when I installed the big bore 904cc piston kit
and they were all still in spec. but, at the very end of the range.
One exhaust valve was out. I could swap a few shims around and had to buy a few
to bring them all back to spec.
It is a good piece of mind knowing they are were they should be.
These bikes can take a beating and keep on ticking.
I'm coming up on 30.000 now and I checked them again about 3 weeks ago
only because I thought I could hear a funny noise.
They were all still good. I still don't know what the noise was.
I'm thinking maybe the cam chain may have been at the point of clicking
in the auto tension adjustment ? I don't know but, it is gone now.

Bill

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Nothing wrong with a piece of mind. A piece of ass is even better. What
is wrong with me? I'm a trash talking pervert this weekend

I just taught myself to flush and bleed the brake when I replaced the (stuck in the "on" position) rear brake light switch. Next I'll teach myself to flush and fill the front brake line when I install the new blue brake line and the bleeder banjo bolt on the top.

In the spring, I'll teach myself to do the valves, as I'm pushing 12,000 miles.

So far, so good. Learning to bleed the brake with the MightyVac was a bit messy, but no harm done, and the gf was very generous in agreeing to hang around and pour the fluid in the reservoir while I made the mess at the other end. I replaced the pads while I had the caliper off anyway, they still had some life but it was a good time to do it.

I'm having a good time wrenching on the bike, learning something, saving money, and possibly doing a better job than the mechanic would.

miksane

moped
how many valves does this bike have? i adjust my klr250 valves every 3k, its a joke (screw + locknut) but shim jobs got me worried.

I may hold the record...

Checked mine at 24k (I skipped the 12K mark)...and believe it or not...all STILL within spec!!!

bonZa

Street Tracker
I may hold the record...

Checked mine at 24k (I skipped the 12K mark)...and believe it or not...all STILL within spec!!!

thats good to know. I'm just on 40,000 kilometers (24,000 miles) and was expecting it will need shimming

Motley

750cc
My Thruxton has reached 55,000km, I've checked the valves twice, haven't had to adjust them yet. :headbang2:

cynr1023

TT Racer
I'm sitting at 27k miles, going to have it gone over when I get home. Along with some bits and pieces to add on, I'll have some "stuff" to do.