Had a couple of hours this past weekend for mods

fender

Street Tracker
I've finally found some time to work on the bike. The better half let me take a break from remodeling the kitchen this past weekend. I've have several parts waiting to get installed, Sleepers from British Customs (replaced Predators) and Layflat w/ polished cups from D9.

Can't say enough good things about both venders. The fit and finish are first rate. I wish I did the layflat bracket sooner as it really changes the look of the bike. I tried to capture the pics from the ridding perspective.

Here's a link to my mockups as I was deciding what I wanted to do. D9 was quite helpful in adding input.

More mods to follow when time permits...

Attachments

• IMG_2796.jpg
    IMG_2796.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0

Gretsch

Rocker
Beautiful! You've convinced me that I NEED the Sleepers from BC. I'd love to hear some sound clips when you have a chance.

fender....as in the guitar? I like your style Dude.

fender

Street Tracker
I'll post up some audio of them. I loved the sound of the Predators but really liked the look of the Sleepers, now I have the best of both. The Sleepers tone is lower, at idle I would say there a little quieter but on the rode I don't believe there is much of a difference in volume.

There are two videos out there but they don't do them justice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcupB-gznH8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7OnOOaeeEA

yes - fender as in the guitar, to bad I can't play for shit but it's fun trying.

ricky

Street Tracker
Very nice.
Saaaayyyyy... would you like to let loose on that bracket you replaced???
Of course then I'll have to find a tach to fill the hole. :p
attachment.php

fender

Street Tracker
Shoot me a pm with what your thinking. You will also need a gasket and tach cover along with the tach.

T-boy

Rocker
Beautiful! You've convinced me that I NEED the Sleepers from BC. I'd love to hear some sound clips when you have a chance.

fender....as in the guitar? I like your style Dude.

I know I,ve been promising an audio clip of my Sleepers for a while now...I'll see if I can make that happen this weekend. As an update, I have changed out my main jets to 125's. The 135's affected my mpg adversely with the stock airbox left in. Probably lost some top end, but other than that my bike is running and sounding great.

Gretsch...as in guitar?

fender

Street Tracker
I had 125's w/ the Predators and stock airbox for my 790. Ran great with that combo. Now that I've gutted the air box I'm still dialing in the right size, currently I have 145's but am going to try 142's before I hit the dyno sometime this spring.

Last edited:

T-boy

Rocker
I had 125's w/ the Predators and stock airbox for my 790. Ran great with that combo. Now that I've gutted the air box I'm still dialing in the right size, currently I have 145's but am going to try 142's before I hit the dyno sometime this spring.

Please keep us posted...eventually I might decide to yank the airbox. The Sleepers sound great, don't they?

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
D9'sDaMan!!!

I have the layflat sport and the ignition port plug, fantastic service and top notch quality.

Your bike looks awesome :headbang2:

six by six

Two Stroke
Nice, nice bike. I keep looking at your rear fender chop. What kind of tools did you find worked best? Seriously considering doing it for shits and giggles. Probably just at the lower edge of the licence plate.

fender

Street Tracker
I used a Dremel with a heavy duty cutoff wheel. I used masking tape to get the contour and cut along the edge of the tape. File the edge down and brush on touch up paint. I found the how to's on the other site which I believe were posted by D9 and Loxpump if I remember correctly.

The rear was easy put the bike on the stand and started cutting. Trimming down the front was a pain.