Hacking the rev limiter?

Skinthead

Two Stroke
I know Jojje found a way to get into the digital ignition box on these things and up the revs himself, but he would never advert what he did that i ever caught.

How do I up the revs on the rev limiter without buying the 500rev upped box? 112 gets boring with an 18t and a 43t.....

Skint

mrt202

Street Tracker
Bored...

I know Jojje found a way to get into the digital ignition box on these things and up the revs himself, but he would never advert what he did that i ever caught.

How do I up the revs on the rev limiter without buying the 500rev upped box? 112 gets boring with an 18t and a 43t.....

Skint

You could always re-gear to 19/42 for another 10 or 15 MPH.:D

mikenva

Rocker
is yours a 790? if so find a 865 used box that will let it go 8000 rpm + if your motor can take it there in high gear.

I bought the Procom unit off of eBay for less than $100. It changes the timing curve and ups the rev limiter to 8400 RPM. It's rather touchy hot starting, so don't touch the throttle until it fires. Other than that, it's awesome! I can pull an indicated 80 MPH in 2nd gear.

FYI, I have the 790 motor with carved out airbox, Staintunes, Nology coils and Hot Wires, K&N pod filters, and 138 main jets. Pulls very strong throughout the RPMs.

mikenva

Rocker
Procom works ok till it did like mine did and turned to popcorn after a year.There not built as tuff as stock box is but i guess at that price you get what you pay for.

Skinthead

Two Stroke
I bought the Procom unit off of eBay for less than $100. It changes the timing curve and ups the rev limiter to 8400 RPM. It's rather touchy hot starting, so don't touch the throttle until it fires. Other than that, it's awesome! I can pull an indicated 80 MPH in 2nd gear.

FYI, I have the 790 motor with carved out airbox, Staintunes, Nology coils and Hot Wires, K&N pod filters, and 138 main jets. Pulls very strong throughout the RPMs.

I have the 790 motor, TOR's (suck), and a butchered airbox with the K&Ns fitted. I rejetted based off some suggestions I caught off the other board, and I think the bitch is running rich as hell. I also find the carb boots leak sitting at idle. I know this from a bottle of propane.....sucky sucky.... Going back to stock jetting on the mains and taking the shims out of the thrux needles to see what happens to the plugs from there. Right now it seems to have a little more power, but the fuel cnsumption tells me that there is alot wrong with it currently. Once all this is sorted I will be looking for a better rev limit.

I have yet to find many bonnie pieces end up on ebay. I can only imagine what a stock 865 ign box costs from teh dealer.......OUCH!

Skint

mikenva

Rocker
you can get them about 1/2 price on ebay i got mine a few months ago i think it was $150.00 i think there 4 or 5 hundered new.I still need to get j to work my stock box i think thats the best you can get.

Skinthead

Two Stroke
Getting j to work on them is all fine and good, but the simple fact is he is across the pond and shipping is gonna be a bitch. i got the puter skills, just need to know where to get the pigtail and software to talk to this thing nice....

if I coudl get that much I'd be doing them myself for a small fee.....

Skint