Habour Freight's Dolly?

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
So has anyone tried Habour Freight's Motorcycle Dolly? Guy has a used one for sale here for $75.

This dolly sits just 1-3/4" off the ground to prevent tipping and allow easy one-person loading.

1250 lb. weight capacity
Powder coated to resist rust
Three position adjustable kick stand plate
Smooth rolling swivel casters
Distance between the #13 stop pins is 75-1/2"

Overall dimensions: 83" L x 30-1/2" W x 3-3/4" H
Weight: 64.2 lbs.

ITEM 95896-1VGA

$99.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=95896

Attachments

• 95896.jpg
    95896.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0

Bonniebret

Rocker
I kinda have a policy with Harbor Freight tools. Nothing load-bearing or anything that could potentially hurt me if it breaks.

KingBear

Hooligan
I kinda have a policy with Harbor Freight tools. Nothing load-bearing or anything that could potentially hurt me if it breaks.
Good call. I bought some of their cheapo socket holders, and the sockets wouldn't fit. If something as simple and cheap as that isn't right why would I buy a precision instrument from them? Hammers, yes. Pneumatics, no.

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
I have a lot of experience with HF tools and stuff. 90% is great for occasional use. I have only ever broken one allen socket. I also have a HF lift and bike jack, both have been great, and a LOT cheaper than most!

Jim-R-Darma.jpg

10%20remove-install-HB-Bars.jpg

Jim :cool:

Skeeter

Rocker
my buddy has the same lift jim von has in his one picture. thing worked great and have safety thingers on it so it wouldnt fall when the lift was jacked up... weighs a lot tho

I have tons of Harbor Freight Experience...here is my fail and success list

List of items that failed and explanation:

Hair clippers (blade got dull from heavy use--cutting my hair every week)... I got my $7 worth. Lasted about 2 years.

Duct tape--the adhesive smells like tree sap...doesn't stick well on objects...sticks too well to each other

Masking tape. It peels off surfaces too fast...doesn't stick for shit

Air Compressor: Failed after almost 2 years...was going through a shit load of use. My family was remodeling the house

Mitre Saw: the $99 fail. Not very accurate. We were going to use it to put wood flooring. Thing is only good for rip cuts IMO

Things that have been sucessful and still going strong:

T-handle hex keys (a god-send for working on my Daytona 675--best $5 I spent)

Garden wagon w. pneumatic tires (used the wheels to make a wagon/dolly for my generator),

3500 watt peak generator for tire warmers I use at the track, Still starts from the first pull.

12 gauge 25 foot extension cord (for my tire warmers and generator)

4x8 foldable trailer with 12" wheels...currently installed...have yet to use it for hauling bikes to track days and for any miscelllaneous hauling use.

Laser Thermometer

Hex Key Socket Set

5" rise for towing

Titanium Nitride Step Drill.

Drill Punch

Ratchet tie downs

Bungies

Nitrile gloves (the light blue ones suck...the dark blue ones rock)

Socket holders...mine are tight and hold all my sockets in place

Metric Tap and Die set (saved my ass twice)

Locking pliers (came in handy quite a bit)

the list goes on quite a bit..I'll add to it if I remember

****Conclusion****---if it is a tool of pneumatic heavy use or precision, look elsewhere...otherwise, it should be good.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker

x3 - broke a bolt using one of their torque wrenches.

Probably the same (read made in China) but here is the same style dolly from another place - link to the, ready for this... Pit Viper :headbang2:

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
hmmm....with all the feedback, I think I will have to pass on the dolly. Last thing I want is the bike to fall over. Now that would suck!

AceT100

Rocker
As a rule, I go there maybe once a year to pick up what I would call "disposable items" and the occasional novelty tool...Last time I was there, I picked up a $5 case with 6 assorted mini pliers & wire cutters....So far, so good, come in handy for making jewelry (the wife pinched the kit)...and a couple of those magnetic trays, and some heat shring cable cover stuff.

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
x3 - broke a bolt using one of their torque wrenches.

Probably the same (read made in China) but here is the same style dolly from another place - link to the, ready for this... Pit Viper :headbang2:

Both made by the same company I'd bet.

pit-viper-motorcycle-dolly-1.jpg

Features of the Pit Viper Motorcycle Dolly:

Quality steel frame & components
Easy-to-use on/off ramp/gate with long handle
Powder-coated black with ribbed track surface
Double caster wheels for easy maneuverability
Sliding kickstand plate adjusts in 5 different positions for left or right side
Makes storing a motorcycle easier than ever
Pins on both ends prevent the motorcycle from rolling off the dolly
1 Year Warranty
View Instructions (PDF)

95896.gif

1250 lb. weight capacity
Powder coated to resist rust
Three position adjustable kick stand plate
Smooth rolling swivel casters
Distance between the #13 stop pins is 75-1/2"

Personally I have never heard of one of these, or any HF lift or table lift failing causing an issue. I wouldn't pay more, just to pay more, thinking you are getting more without serious proof! Especially if it is not made in the USA.

Jim :cool: