guy stealing a bike

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
I don't go out for late nights often. The other day I watched a friends band play.
I went to check on my bike and four guys were standing around my bike at the door
in a not so admiring way. I yelled for security and they ran away. I didn't feel like my fork lock was much help, if they wanted it they could pick it up.
On that note it was time to go home.

KingBear

Hooligan
I never take my bike anyplace where she will be unsecure for any amount of time. Trips to the burger joint, coffee shop, quick stop at the store and that's about it. In the spring when I start riding her to work she will be parked right outside my window where I can keep an eye on her. I hate mofos who steal shit!

neuroboy

750cc
i wonder if you had called security (for muscle) and hung back if you could've caught them in the act and gotten someone arrested.

Iceseven

750cc
I bought a new Triumph T-Bird in 1995 and on the first night I parked it in my apartment parking lot, got a call from a neighbor at 3:00am telling me that he heard some noise and looked out to see my bike pushed forward in a circle (fork lock) and then dumped. Bad feeling when someone messes with your bike.

blkthrux

Two Stroke
That shit aint right! It would be painful enough to have my bike stolen. I don't think I could stand watching someone take it.

drlapo

Hooligan
Years ago, I parked my T140 alongside a country road while I took a walk into the woods to look at some land that was for sale. Within a few minutes I heard a truck stop and voices. I went to investigate and found three guys trying to hoist my triumph up into the back of a pickup truck. When I asked what they were doing, they responded that they thought someone had abandoned the bike. With my Walther PPKS in hand, I advised them to leave, they did

Oxblood

750cc
I watched a guys bike get stolen from a parking garage in Laughlin during the river run a few years back. I heard some commotion behind me as a guy started yelling " HEY THAT'S MY BIKE!" and pointing up at the garage. I looked up in time to see a guy kick over a sweet ass pan and haul ass (as fast as a pan can go if you're really calling it hauling ass) away. Never found out if the caught the guy.

--Oxblood

koifarm

Hooligan
In the late 60's I had purchased a nice sportster, XLCH, and, living in an apartment complex and not wanting to leave it parked in the slot parking in front of the building (my place was on a back corner down a corridor with stairs to the second story) I decided to park the bike chained to the stairs. That went okay for a few days till the apartment manager asked that I move it elsewhere. There was a small strip of grass next to the back sidewalk, about 20 feet from my front room window, backed up with a ten foot chain link fence. There was a nice sturdy phone pole right there and that's what I chained the bike to.
One morning I came out to find the bike rearranged a bit and on closer inspection I found a link (case hardend chain) with some hacksaw marks and a few hammer marks on the very sturdy lock. Added a second lock, worked around the one link that was sawn and felt pretty good that it was secure and the perps had given up. I was extra vigilant that night but apparently missed them in the wee hours of the morning but on inspection I found the bike gone and metal splatters and a torch cut chain dangling from the phone pole. Bear in mind, they would have either had to have a portable torch or run approx 75-80 feet of hose back to where the bike was. Guess they really wanted the bike.
Insurance covered it and it was never seen again, likely parted out. So much for Chicago, I moved to Florida shortly after that.

MOSES

750cc
Mine stays in the garage at night or in an eye's view when I'm anywhere else. If I'm going somwhere where I can't see it, I'm drivin the cage.

I'll leave the keys in it.....

Hedge

American Infidel
Mine stays in the Garage as well . . . if they come into the garage and try and steal it they are now inside of my house and they get shot! Any Questions besides which gun I would use?

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Yeah it is dull it is missing the part where the owner beats that fucker within a inch of his life with something hard like a ball bat, or even better a piece of triplex electrical wire it leaves really cool welps.

Jimmy